Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 葬送のフリーレン // Next: ウスズミの果て

@seanblue
I just recently started using Amazon JP, and they have quite a LOT of manga in ebook format. I’ve found Nodame Cantabile and Chihayafuru (first 3 volumes free for both series!) amongst the manga that I do know. There are many other series I’ve seen that also offer free volumes.

I don’t feel that ebooks are ‘limiting’ when I look at the selection, but then again, I don’t know as many titles as some people here.

Edit: After a further search, I found other popular manga series as well (yes, I know they’re very typical, but I’m not that familiar with other series). Here’s just a sample:

• Nisekoi
  • Naruto
  • One Piece
  • Nana
  • Chi’s Sweet Home
  • Fruits Basket
  • Claymore
  • Card Captor Sakura
  • Dragon Ball
  • Doraemon

And a few others that have been recommended online: ダーリンは外国人, くるねこ,
タマさん

I think if the book club were to select books available in both physical and ebook format, that would be ideal. We’re talking about foreign books here, not domestic English books readily available at your local bookstore. Some people aren’t able to buy physical copies for a variety of reasons, and I don’t think it’s up to us to judge their decision. I think it would be a lot more rewarding for the book club to become more inclusive.

2 Likes