Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

トラちゃん felt challenging to me when I read the sample many months back, and it has the highest score of 3.58. It has low interest anyway, so I’m removing it for that reason regardless.

ご注文はうさぎですか has the next highest score at 3.47. Having read the first two volumes of this manga, I think it would be nearly impossible for this group. In my opinion, it’s significantly more difficult than 時をかける少女. It also has had low interest in general.

放浪息子 has the next highest score at 3.41. I just read the first half of the first volume yesterday, and it’s actually not too bad. So I don’t have to remove this one. But it’s also consistently at the middle of the pack, and I don’t think it’ll ever win. I’m planning on creating one of those “general discussion” topics like we did for ご注文はうさぎですか and Sword Art Online. I’m planning to just read it on my own in my spare time at this point (I just ordered the full 15 volume set this morning), but I can keep it in the running if you really want me to. I agree that it would be too easy for the intermediate book club.

Do you think キノの旅 would be better here or in intermediate book club?

2 Likes