Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

Yet another thing I want to read

10 Likes

I already have the book, so I’d be ok starting as soon as immediately. Just need to see about Kyayna.

1 Like

Not interested in reading キノの旅 with the intermediate book club?

1 Like

I am! But it says it starts March 9th. So between that and not reading the manga, that’s an entire month with no book clubs.

2 Likes

Gosh me too, I’m participating in this club, as well as the Absolute Beginner club, and I’m honestly considering jumping into the Intermediate club this round as well.

3 Likes

Eh? :fearful: I’m not ready!!! I don’t have the book yet (Or any if the books), was gonna wait until the intermediate poll is finished and then buy everything… guess I’ll better get spending now xD

I get if you’d rather start reading now an dd don’t wanna wait tho…

3 Likes

As far as I can tell Kino’s Journey is what has been picked, but idk when the poll officially closes.

I’m currently reading a Japanese book not related to any book clubs so I can wait. (I can also read both concurrently too if you get it faster than I finish.) But after I finish I might want to start on 君の膵臓を食べたい. When do you think you can get the book by?

1 Like

The main poll is officially closed. Since the second top was really close in popularity, we now have an extra poll to determine if we want (can?) read both in parallel, or just go with Kino’s Journey (vol.1)

So @Kyayna Kino’s Journey (vol. 1) for sure, maybe 君の名は on top of that. (Answer in ~24h, if you want to be 100% safe about it; signs point to yes)

2 Likes

Spreading good influences around here \o/

I might have bought the book as well… :eyes:

4 Likes

I would like to join you too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just ordered it… should be here the 18. February the latest…

Yeah I just saw the other thread after posting here :joy:

2 Likes

@Kyayna @Elenakiyomi @sloa123 @ Whoever else wants to join in.

Since it’ll be about 2 weeks for Kyayna to get their book I think that’s a good enough prep time. Do you all want to make a separate WK post so we can semi-organize this? I also have a Discord too if you prefer that.

1 Like

How long do you think you’ll take to read it?

1 Like

I think a separate thread might be good. It would allow anyone else that wants to join in a chance.

2 Likes

And so the splintering continues.

4 Likes

Don’t think of it as splintering, but the branching of a beautiful tree! Or a 松葉

8 Likes

I think the splintering will probably ending up being a good thing, as long as we can maintain it. I know in my particular case for example, I’m fairly luke-warm about both キノの旅 and 君の名は, but fairly interested in reading 君の膵臓を食べたい. I’ll be reading along with the intermediate group regardless, but this gives me a chance to read something I’m really interested in.

Just my two cents though.

8 Likes

So you’re saying I should fulfill my dream of creating the Reading For Speed Not Comprehension メガメガ読み放題読書会 where we read one book every seven weeks or so?

6 Likes

A few days ago @jprspereira also motivated me to check out the book. Because of that I made a (parsed) deck on Kitsun for it. I plan to publish it for everyone very soon.

Figured I’d post about it since it might be useful for you all :slight_smile:

I’d also like to read the book, but I’m not sure if I can handle doing kino + girls last tour + this one at the same time (kinda).

4 Likes

I think it’s a nice way to read something until the intermediate club starts :slight_smile:

1 Like