Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: Ogawa Mimei: Collection of Children's Stories

That’s weird. For what it’s worth, I’m still getting them. :thinking:

Well that’s reassuring, at least. Hopefully just having a funny five minutes then.

:eyes:

6 Likes

Surely it’s not actually going to win…

2 Likes

The vote is a lot closer than I expected across the board.

Yeah, thus far I do feel like they’re far less stratified than in previous polls (recent ones, at least). I think I always find myself surprised by which things people end up voting for though.

Edit: it makes it quite hard to decide when to close the poll, actually, if they’re all super close. It might feel pretty stagnant, but when just one new vote can completely change the rankings…

Two of my picks are near the bottom. @.@ Channeling my spirit into future votes…

3 Likes

You can always run a tie-breaker vote afterwards between the two (or three, or four :eyes:) leading entries, if they are that close.

2 Likes

Clearly you should close it when the one you want is winning. :wink:

12 Likes

What you means that’s not how it works?

4 Likes

Sometimes I wait too long in order to look like I’m not cheating though, and the results get all messed up :pensive:

6 Likes

You could always set it on a timer. :man_shrugging:

Also, is it weird that I still remember the reading and meaning for 逞しい even though I’ve literally never seen it outside of discussions around ゆるキャン?

3 Likes

No, it’s definitely a sign. ゆるキャン should win.
Or you could decide to read SAO 1.
One of those things.

6 Likes

I was also just about to say I’ve also only ever seen that word in discussions about ゆるキャン and in SAO as far as I can remember(spoiler: the word shows up in the future volumes too)

2 Likes

逞しい indeed!
I have come across the word on other occasions but it was either in hiragana or in conversation (so err no kanji).

1 Like

I’m not likely to read either of them though. :man_shrugging:

Really? I speak in kanji all the time. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

:open_mouth:

1 Like

I was just about to post to moan about there being a 3-way tie at the top when it got broken :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Maybe some of them are short enough to have two winners. Probably not Fruits Basket though since it’s a collector’s edition.