Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 葬送のフリーレン // Next: ウスズミの果て

It’s only free to read for the next few weeks, same as Kazzeon said about eBookJapan.

※2019年6月21日~2019年7月11日までの期間限定無料お試し版です。2019年7月19日以降はご利用できなくなります。

3 Likes

Alright, the votes have stayed stable overnight and we seem to have a clear winner, so I’ll be closing the vote in a couple of hours. Any last-minute shenanigans / bribery needs to happen now :wink:

6 Likes

Same, also I will generally do my bookclub reading on Saturday or Sunday, so it feels like following a series with weekly installment. I found it to be a different type of enjoyment than just bingeing a book in 3~4 days. And I like discussing my stupid theories about the plot with others :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Best offer I’ve had all afternoon. :wink: :joy:

4 Likes

I’ll buy you another radish if Laid-Back Camp wins? Then you can be Radish9.

4 Likes

Make that Radish10. Come on!!

3 Likes

Actually, are we gonna invoke plan If A Manga Wins, We Read Both First And Second Place Finishers?

1 Like

I already asked for a friend. People looked at the length of One Week Friend, but I don’t know if we reached a conclusion.

1 Like

I think One Week Friends will be too long a pick for that - reckon it’ll be more like a 9-week+ read, where that plan was intended for things taking ~ 4-6 weeks.

3 Likes

Sadface

2 Likes

But it does mean we’ll get to vote again sooner, which is always fun! still a recovering poll addict

6 Likes

Couldn’t help but notice that you’ve voted for Laid-Back Camp but not One Week Friends, so you’ve got incentive to… encourage a last-second upset. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d been thinking that too :wink: but I have my doubts it will be possible… (and honestly, I kind of wanted a super easy manga to win this time round :sweat_smile: not that One Week Friends fits that bill either…)

One Week Friends is also 50% off on Bookwalker until July 11th.

3 Likes

I just scrolled through lots of messages to find this post.
I’m not sure if it’s possible 、or even if it’s a good idea、but I just wanted to suggest that the current voting poll for the next book be pinned to the beginning of the thread.
Please forgive my ignorance if this is something that can’t be done. I haven’t participated in the book club before but really want to improve my reading and am keen to join.

1 Like

OMG RADISH YOUR LEVEL :OOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

I don’t know whether a message can be pinned to the top (I suspect it cannot, though…) but there is a link in the OP (the blue part) that directly leads you to the poll:

(Full disclosure: I did not know this myself from the start either and did a lot of scrolling :woman_facepalming: so yes, it’s not super-obvious if you don’t expect it, but once you know, it’s hopefully a good solution.)

6 Likes

2-4th. place are all very close now!
So if the winner is somewhat short, do we do a new voting right away? That way people can buy both at once =)

I’ve changed the link @NicoleIsEnough mentioned to read ‘click to vote now!’ in an attempt to make it more obvious, but I think that’s all we can really do, as I don’t think we can pin a particular post to the top of a thread.

Sorry you had to scroll so much D: but looking forward to having you join us hopefully!

@jprspereira ???!

@Abstormal I’m all for combining shipping (it hurts my heart so!), but I think if we’ll be reading something for 2 months+ we should wait to vote again in a couple of months. There might be different people wanting to take part at that point, and people’s thoughts on the different options might change after having a go at whatever wins this time round.

7 Likes

Thank you. Being new to the book club and not so tech savvy in the forums in general、I really appreciate your reply.

Thank you! That’s great. I’m sorry I didn’t notice it sooner. I think you have done a great job finding a solution for those who don’t know better.

Don’t apologise! My bad. I really do want to read along with you. Recently、I’ve been reading 君の名は Vol1 on my own. It’s my first EVER attempt to read native Japanese material. While I can’t say I understand every word、I can follow along well enough to understand the story. Generally speaking though、my reading is a real let down. My goal is to improve. I think the book club would really help with that! Thanks for including me!

5 Likes