Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

I have no shame
(Although I’d be reading here, with you, in the intermediate and there someone suggested maybe reading two books concurrently. Good stuff)

2 Likes

Oooooooooh! How does it look density-wise? I saw from previews that it had six chapters but I couldn’t tell quite how frequent the illustrations were and so on.

1 Like

Looking in my copy, it’s 325 pages and doesn’t have illustrations. It has 10 chapters, but the length of each chapter varies somewhat. Most are around 30 pages, but there is one chapter that is 73 pages long.

1 Like

I ordered that one too :joy: The hype is real.

Did anyone buy the ebook version of 少女終末旅行? I’m able to parse it and make a vocab deck for everyone, but having the digital version would allow me to start working on it earlier instead of waiting for the digital copy (and it’s way faster to do it). Or maybe I should just figure out how to buy ebooks on Amazon :thinking:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
I plan on joining the beginner book club (and also the intermediate book club). Hoping it will not be too much starting both around the same time. I ordered the next 2 books just now, so they will hopefully be here in time :slight_smile:
I also ordered 君の膵臓を食べたい on a whim, but probably wont read it for quite a while xD

5 Likes

Ooh, I mean the Zenitendou one :grin: but I want to read the Pancreas book too at some point, so thank you for the information anyway, haha! :+1:

1 Like

Oops, my bad. Guess I’ll let her answer that one :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hehe, no problem! And it is genuinely useful to know for that book too.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve got the digital version. If you send me an email to the address I’ve deleted by now, we can figure things out.

1 Like

U may delete it ^^ I’ll have lunch now and will get back to you after.

EDIT: Sent :DD

1 Like

I can answer this question! feels useful

The full-page illustrations happen about every 7-9 pages (it seems like every chapter has about 2 per chapter). No illustrations outside of those. Each chapter is ~20 pages, with some being a few more than that.

5 Likes

Cooool, thank you!

1 Like

I have it too, if that helps:D

1 Like

I’ll let you know if I need help with that :3

1 Like

I got the Manga today!

No Furigana!!! That’s going to be interesting…

1 Like

Really?! I knew the manga was no, but the book too?!
Lol, that means this group might get harder than the current picks of Intermediate! They have furigana option at least =P

Sorry! I meant the Manga!

Ah! OK. Yeah, it has been mentioned on the manga so I was aware =)

Hi all! I would like to join the club and read 少女終末旅行 with you. For the sample pages I think I can do it, but the informal speech is a weak point for me, so it will be a good training in order to improve it.

9 Likes

Since I’m not gonna read 少女終末旅行 I have an empty book slot to fill until we start reading Zenitendou. @Kyayna @sloa123 Depending on your schedules I can start 君の膵臓を食べたい whenever. :slight_smile:

@jprspereira It was your super enthusiastic post about it that made me put it on my to-read list. Decided to might as well get it while I was getting Zenitendou. So thanks for that, haha.

4 Likes