Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 葬送のフリーレン // Next: ウスズミの果て

Ohh, I bougth ebooks though, so I already have them:)) My post will deliver them in like 2 months if ever D:

1 Like

Gah, hahaha :joy: try not to read ahead too far :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oof, so true.
Also, I recently saw your avatar on bunpro discourse and remembered you :eyes: You scared me back then :DD

I have the current book to read now (~80 pages to catch up D:), I physically can’t:DD

3 Likes

Has everyone’s questions been answered? I think everyone’s questions have been answered…

Anyway…

NEW BOOKS HAVE BEEN SELECTED

We will read the first volume of 少女終末旅行 followed immediately by ふしぎ駄菓子屋 銭天堂.

I will run the 少女終末旅行 book and create the usual “home thread” soon. I will not be reading ふしぎ駄菓子屋 銭天堂, so looking for a volunteer to run that one (@Radish8?).

7 Likes

How long will you spend on 少女終末旅行?
(Wondering when I should buy ふしぎ駄菓子屋 銭天堂…)

Oh go on then :wink:

1 Like

11150884_659510120861085_5990686684258461630_n

2 Likes

Thanks for answering! Books ordered! \o/

#relatable
I may already have Wolf Children after adding it to my Girl Who Leapt Through Time order. <_<
And I may or may not have added Wandering Son to this order. But at least I resisted getting the whole series…

5 Likes

This is simply amazing, I’m gonna save it :eyes: :joy:

3 Likes

Is that a yes? :laughing:

Anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks. I’m going to put a poll in the home thread for us to vote on the pace.

Goes to do WK lessons first

5 Likes

Ahaha, yes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

By the way, would it make sense for me to create the home thread for that one relatively soon as well, to help people who want to order both at once with shipping? I can’t remember now whether we included that info for Natsume in this thread.

I think we usually put the ordering information in both threads. I’d probably wait to create the home thread to avoid confusion, but feel free to put the ordering information in this thread now if you want.

2 Likes

I also already bought itttt

3 Likes

Gosh I base too many decisions on familiarity. At first I wasn’t going to be participating, but then I was like “Wait a minute, I’ve seen those too characters before.” And that’s when I realized that I need to do more research on things…

Guess I’m buying 少女終末旅行. And now I don’t feel bad about shipping costs for Yuru Camp. (And waiting for it to be back in stock.)

2 Likes

I like the characters a lot. I only watched the first three episodes of the anime (which I guess means I’ve already covered the first volume), but there’s something about how they relate to each other that just… I don’t know, it’s exactly what I want. Also, as in the sample pages for the manga, even if they talk about stuff that could be an opportunity for the author to moralize about war, it doesn’t sound like moralizing about war. It just sounds like two people talking about a world they don’t really understand because they never lived in it.

3 Likes

Anyone with experience buying from CDJapan? In terms of choosing shipping, do they usually keep with the delivery time? Do they tend to stay closer to the minimum or to maximum expectance time?

EDIT: Also, has anyone tried to purchase those 1円 (used) books on Amazon.jp through a forwarding service like White Rabbit Express?

Tagging @Radish8 cuz they’re best radish.

Generally closer to the maximum for the faster options, a bit more in the middle for the slower ones.

I’ve bought a decent amount of stuff from them.

Generally yes, but the faster option can be a bit slower than stated in my experience.

6 Likes

ありがとうぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅー!!!! \ :heart_eyes: /

I should have bought Kino as well, but whateveeeerrrrrr.

2 Likes

Huh. They have good prices.

To add to ditto20’s superb reply, I realise Portugal is not the UK, but they’re both in Europe, so??!

I’ve only ever used the economy shipping options, but it’s always arrived within about two to three weeks. I don’t think it’s ever taken longer than three weeks.

Also you do have to have a certain level of finesse in order to successfully search for things with their engine :joy: but I see you found what you wanted :wink:

1 Like