Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: Ogawa Mimei: Collection of Children's Stories

So should we just make a poll with all the past nominees (other than Yotsubato and Kiki), plus the new suggestions?

Here were my two suggestions:

Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka

Aria The Masterpiece (first volume is really both volumes of Aqua)

Well, how were the last two books decided? We should use the same precedure as everytime, James

Yeah, it was decided by poll.

@jprspereira Do you want to make the poll since you created the thread and the previous poll? Or should I just do it? I don’t mind doing it if you want me too.

I’d also advocate for taking a 2-6 week break after Kiki. For me at least, reading Kiki every week has been draining, and I need a break before starting the next book.

2 Likes

I’d like to ask you to do it because you’ve been active in the book club and you know how things are working better than I do. Me on the other hand have barely participated… :eyes:

I do promise that I’ll be active in the next book that ends up being chosen. I’m going to go all in on reading.

Yeah, this will be good for me, since I have yet to catch up on the previous books.

1 Like

well, since we all need some time to actually order the book, a 2-6 week break isn’t bad XD untracked deliveries from japan can easily take 6 weeks to arrive.

or they arrive never :confused: happened to me once

2 Likes

Poll for the Third Book

Alright, time for the next poll since Kiki’s Delivery Service will be done on June 9th. I’m including all of the previous nominees (other than Yotsubato and Kiki’s Delivery Service), plus the new nominees. See the first post for a link to the pitches for each book, and links for buying them on Amazon.

Vote for as many entries as you want. I’ll keep the poll open for two weeks (until May 6th) unless there are objections to that time frame.

• しろくまカフェ (Manga)
  • 干物妹! うまるちゃん - Himouto! Umaruchan (Manga)
  • ダース・ヴェイダーとプリンセス・レイア (Manga)
  • 徒然チルドレン - Tsuredure Children (Manga)
  • チーズスイートホーム (Manga)
  • ヒカルの碁 (Manga)
  • ホリミヤ (Manga)
  • Barレモン・ハート (Manga)
  • ご注文はうさぎですか?- Is the Order a Rabbit? (Manga)
  • ARIA 完全版 (Aria The Masterpiece / Aqua) (Manga)
  • メアリと魔女の花 - Mary and the Witch’s Flower (Book)
  • マジック・ツリーハウス第1巻恐竜の谷の大冒険 (Book)
  • こわくてたのしいおばけの話90 (Book)
  • 絶叫学級 - Scary Lessons (Book)
  • 時をかける少女 - The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Book)
  • キッチン (Book)

0 voters

4 Likes

I edited the first wiki post to link to the new poll, but for some reason I can’t change the title of the thread. Please update it to indicate that the poll for choosing the new book is open.

1 Like

Done. Are you guys still finishing reading 魔女の宅急便 or can I remove it from the title?

We still have a few chapters left (it’ll be done June 9th), but I don’t care if you remove it from the title, personally.

1 Like

I’ll let it stay then :slight_smile: Who knows if I’m still able to catch you guys up for that one.

1 Like

@seanblue did you set a maximum for the books, one can choose? It would make snse to limit the decissions to 3 or something similiar

Choose as many as you want. Your vote becomes useless if you vote for too many anyway. :wink:

I wanna join :sparkles:~

How long does it take for a book to get picked? (AKA: would there be enough time to purchase it?)

1 Like

There should be plenty of time. We shouldn’t need more than two weeks to vote. And if we start the book a few weeks after Kiki is finished (it will be done June 9th) there should be two months or more to get the book.

1 Like

So I still have to wait at least a quarter year till we start with the new book? :open_mouth: Okay, at least enough time to reach some more lvl’s in wanikani and do more for my gramatical stuff

1 Like

You can always check よつばと!and try it by yourself. The topic has a lot of good explanations already and you can always ask for help. People will gadly help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I will probably do that Xd i already have volume one on my shelf

1 Like

are the books the same level as kiki’s? i struggled and then quit :frowning:
i know yotsuba reading group is also a thing so maybe i should just stick to that if you are going to do a book again…

I have no idea. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Usually the manga tends to be easier to read. You can always vote on that and see what happens :slight_smile:

1 Like