引っ込み思案な残念美人の山吹葵は 青い目がコンプレックスの高校一年生で、小説家の姉・皐と二人で暮らしている。 とあるきっかけで、外国人の少女、 サラ・フローリーと同居することになった葵たち。 そんな山吹家の毎日は…？
Translating is hard, so here’s the short version: It’s about this high school girl who’s self-conscious about her blue eyes, when suddenly this 5 year girl with blonde hair and blue eyes starts living at her home.
I just finished the first volume (out of three) and it was super cute. Really light read, which should (hopefully) balance out the challenge of lack of furigana for the beginner book club.
Pros and Cons
- Mostly a lighthearted family story.
- Some nice comedy thrown in.
- Entirely everyday language.
- One of the main characters is young, so her dialogue is in hiragana and easy to understand.
- Basically no furigana. Even the names only get furigana once throughout the whole volume.
- A lot of really tiny, handwritten text.
I don’t have an easy way to get pictures for this, so check out the preview in the Amazon or Bookwalker links above, or read the first chapter on pixiv
How much effort would you need to read this book?
- 1 - No effort at all
- 2 - Minimal effort
- 3 - Moderate effort
- 4 - Substantial effort
- 5 - So much effort my head might explode
- I don’t know