Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 葬送のフリーレン // Next: ウスズミの果て

Oh no, I thought we were still doing infinite votes in this club and then found myself unable to vote after marking almost everything :fearful:
Brb making decisions

10 Likes

*coughcough*Vote for Laid-Back Camp*coughcough*

It’s like that for me even in English. I can easily read half a volume of most manga in one night, but 4-koma volumes can take me several nights. But hey, they’re quite funny, so that’s not a bad thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

タ・ク・マ・シ・ー!

4 Likes

I just learned (and also remembered, pretty sure I’ve seen it before but forgotten it) that word. I wonder if this is fate telling me I should change my vote :thinking:

2 Likes

I learned it from SAO, so, yeah, I’d assume you learned it recently need to change your vote.

2 Likes

If the current results stay stable this will not only be the first time I’ve ever already owned the winner but I’ll have the second place pick too :grin:

6 Likes

Is Flying Witch short enough that we’d read the second pick right after?

Yep, reckon so. I think we’d probably take 6 or 7 weeks to read it.

5 Likes

It would be nice to get the current top picks then. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Close the polls now D:

just kidding

6 Likes

I was literally just debating whether to post saying "if you’re going to ask me to close the polls now Nath, the answer is no :stuck_out_tongue: "

:joy:

9 Likes

Hmm, on one hand I’m not too interested in the currently leading stuff :thinking:

On the other hand, they could be more interesting than they look and maybe I can answer a question sometime or something if I gey(and read) them :thinking:

Maybe I’ll just use whatever wins as an excuse to order sruff and also get some random other stuff at the same time even if I’m not that excited about them

6 Likes

Many of us got the current leader for free last week. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The poll’s gotta stay open until Yuru Camp is in second place. However long that takes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or until my one remaining nomination in this club isn’t mouldering at the bottom with just me voting for it. Ouch.

3 Likes

Looks like its a second place tie now!

No bookclub poll without drama and intrigue

5 Likes

Laid-Back Camp once got just 6% :wink:

all these fresh young additions disrupting the vote!

@seanblue ah, I see how it is - you’re all just cheapskates :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Hi. It’s been a while since I’ve been here (Starting college, busy stuff, other excuses, ya know).

I’m just here to share or remind of an event that’s been going on on Amazon Japan right now. If you buy a bunch of books and use these codes, you can apparently get points and some other stuff on the site, currently.

I’m not completely sure, but if I’m correct, I think you can also get free international shipping. (Biggest thing I think I’m going to try to utilize) I think this goes on until the 5th of September. (Sorry for the lack of time.) Can somebody with better Japanese ability translate these couple of links?

Sorry if this was a waste of time and I’m just annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

You know you can change the language on amazon to English, right? :wink:

And yeah, there seems to be some campaign thing, but only for certain places - probably worth taking advantage of for those who live in those places though

1 Like

Sadly the offer only mentions

but there’s another promotion for the US until September 5th:

1 Like

Huh. Previously I couldn’t change the language on that page, but I guess now it’s possible. Thanks!

1 Like