Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

I am in for a beginners manga club. I have tried some Yotsubato books. I know they are supposed to be easy, but one of the Chapters is called Global warming! Not exactly beginner kanji. Ha! Anyways, I am up for the challenge and learning.

Thanks, glad you all want to do this.

Happy new year to all!

1 Like

I am planning to buckle down and start reading around level 10. That’s when Tofugu says you can start children’s books and easy sentences as I recall.

Im focusing on WaniKani and grammar right now. Also, I found out my local library has a foreign language children’s section and I picked up a couple of picture books from there. Can’t read much but I’m learning plenty of new words.

2 Likes

The foreign languages children’s sections in libraries are so wonderfully useful for getting a feel for language in “real” usage. Also it’s nice for confidence building :smiley:

1 Like

It is not building my confidence yet :tired_face:

2 Likes

Hi guys!

As mentioned by a previous few posters, we’re launching a よつばと! Reading club. Please come by if you’d like to take part. We’re currently polling to see when would be the best time to start with volume 2.

Look forward to seeing you there!

1 Like

It looks set to happen!
There’s a poll here for the start date!

Hello !

I would like to be added to the book club members. Thank you very much in advance :slight_smile:

Done! Check it out :smile:

1 Like

Omg Thank you!!!

Please add me to the member list. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I’m new to this site and haven’t yet figured out all the bells and whistles. I’d like to join this club, and learn to read with everyone! Can someone please add me, or else, instruct me on how to add myself. :slight_smile:

Welcome! I went ahead and added you to the list :slight_smile::books:

Thank you! I look forward to reading with everyone!

1 Like

Just want to say I LOVE this idea, and that’s coming from someone who’s never been in a book club before. Unfortunately I’m not going to be skilled enough to join in on this for some time, but I’ve got this thread bookmarked for later when I’m ripe for the reading! :smiley:

1 Like

I’d like to join too. I’m not sure what that means but I had never heard of よつばと! and decided to read it. Pleasantly surprised that I could read it without a dictionary (I did check about half a dozen words.) I ordered the set from Amazon. Thanks for letting us know about it. My daughter (8) is enjoying it too.

Man, that game has some awesome box art! (魔女の宅急便)

Just double-checking… So I can just order off JP Amazon and get this? And I can log in with my US Amazon Prime account? (I’d like to hear first hand, because this is the kind of stuff that’s subject to change at any time!)

You need a separate account for Amazon JP and you will not have Prime there unless you buy Prime again from Amazon JP.

That was also a personal experience with international shipping, results may vary.

The previous poster is right though, you need a new amazon.jp account, and your prime will not carry over, or really do anything honestly.

This seems cool, could I please be added to the list with no symbol? :slight_smile:

I just added you. Welcome to the club!