Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 葬送のフリーレン // Next: ウスズミの果て

I just want to see the offshoot club that goes on for over 100 volumes =D (The series is almost there!)

10 Likes

I’m both surprised and delighted that FukaBoku is doing so well. It didn’t seem very popular in our previous voting rounds.

7 Likes

My nomination’s also doing much better than it’s done previously. I mean, not enough to win, but it’s still kinda gratifying, considering in the last two polls it came last and second-last.

9 Likes

I am surprised that MHA is so low. I don’t want to read it myself, but it thought that it would be more popular

2 Likes

I would have thought so too. Haikyuu is doing better tho, but hanako kun isn’t. What point is there in learning Japanese if you can’t read shounen manga :joy:
Maybe its because the anime covers the story?
Maybe there should be a book club that only reads shounen manga. There’s actually a really interesting new manga that started in shounen jump about 2 months ago. Its called time paradox ghostwriter. Its really good but it isn’t doing so well and might get scrapped so i decided to buy the first volume and read it to boost sales.

6 Likes

It looks really text-dense to me; that might put people off? I actually think the difficulty score should probably be higher for that one!

5 Likes

Hmm, come on people, we need to break that 3-way tie for second place and show some appreciation for girls with mushrooms and eggs on their heads in the process :eyes:

9 Likes

Awww come on - Conan is in second place :heart_eyes_cat: Close the poll and we’ll read all four of them…

6 Likes

:mushroom: mu-SHROOMS mu-SHROOMS mu-SHROOMS :mushroom:

7 Likes

Snake! Snake! Ohh, it’s a snake!

5 Likes

I broke it, I had one vote left and the mushrooms look better than Conan :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

My guess is that most people have already seen it and Haikyuu. A thing I like about the book clubs is reading stuff I wouldn’t normally.

6 Likes

I like the poll right now - FukaBoku and Shimeji - both manga, so we’d read both right? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

ATM Ao’s Island and Haikyuu are tied wtih Shimeji no_mouth

4 Likes

Looking at its difficulty score, I may be getting carried away by nostalgia by voting for Detective Conan… but I loved the cases so much!

I fixed it for now :wink:

3 Likes

It’s kind of impressive how it never gets old

3 Likes

It’s a pretty tight race

One thing is for sure. We will never find out why Hanako-kun is toilet-bound.

4 Likes

Great, now we have a 3-way tie for first place instead. That solves everything! :rofl:

11 Likes

Is it bad form to change my vote if none of my picks are in the top 3?