Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

The intermediate book club will rise again 0:<
kinda? I guess?

4 Likes

5 Likes

I think @Kyasurin is already on board too.

@Naphthalene Only difference is that we’d go much slower than the intermediate group was going.

4 Likes

I don’t know if anyone actually cares, but I’m starting to feel like I may be up for trying something harder sometime too, 魔女の宅急便 is starting to feel a bit easy.(which is quite an improvement from when I started reading it).

4 Likes

I can deal with that.

Anticipation intensifies.

4 Likes

I plan on reading 時をかける少女 next as far as books go (unless another book wins here). I think it could be similar to 魔女の宅急便 in terms of difficulty. If that goes smoothly I’d definitely be up for pushing the bounds further.

2 Likes

I felt pretty ambivalent about nearly everything in the last round of voting, but I feel like I want to read about half the nominations this time around!

So far I think I’ll be voting for six things*, though at least two of those I fully expect to be at the bottom of the pile, so they don’t really count :grin: if I could decide whether I wanted to read a book or a manga it would help to cut the choices down, at least…

1 Like

Which ones? :eyes:

Hehe.

Tora-chan and Wandering Son are the two I expect to do poorly based on the last round.

Otherwise: the girl who leapt through time, pore pore nikki*, girls’ last tour and laid-back camp.

*mostly cos it looks easier so hopefully more people would be able to manage it

3 Likes

haha yes, thanks!

Oh, so this is what happened.

1 Like

@Abstormal Thanks for updating the summaries. By the way, I was able to copy and paste the template perfectly fine, so I’m not sure what happened when you tried.

1 Like

No particular reason. :innocent:

1 Like

Alright, first post is updated with the latest nominations.

3 Likes

I didn’t see this one in the list: (Post 1931)

Oops. I know I looked at it when updating the list… I must have skipped it somehow.

2 Likes

No problem! You got many at once, so easy to miss one. You are doing a wonderful job =^_^=

4 Likes

I just wanted to share the magic of the Google Translate attempt at the blurb on CDJapan:

“I, Asahina Yuzu, longing to dance part and the lotus senior, was admitted to the middle school of the meteor school. Aoi-chan of the same class, cool and strong will. The Momo-chan, cute smile, you can get along with anyone co. Have no confidence, I only? But you know! On the dance part, Tsu’ll do my best to be selected to the team Galaxy! Friendship, love, club, all from now on. Junior high school life start of yuzu! From elementary school senior. Total ruby.”

total ruby

8 Likes

We should add “total ruby” as an option on the difficulty polls. :joy:

6 Likes

What? :joy:

4 Likes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like