Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 葬送のフリーレン // Next: ウスズミの果て

Could somebody please change the thread title as appropriate? E.g. Vote Now! // Beginner Japanese Book Club // Currently Reading: ハイキュー!

Also WOW this is a lot of nominations

2 Likes

Finally my regular status gets put to use! xD

7 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

ミンゴ イタリア人がみんなモテると思うなよ isn’t there!

Oh my gosh, sorry! I thought you’d added all of yours so I didn’t realise. I’m afraid I can’t edit the poll now :confused:

1 Like

Welp no worries, will vote on it in the next poll!

3 Likes

I forgot to mention in the original post, but I will be closing the poll by the end of the weekend :slight_smile:

Come on, FukaBoku, there’s still time!

6 Likes

I would vote for FukaBoku, but I’ve already finished 1st volume on my own, so it seems not fair when I would be mostly hoping for an offshot club :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Haha, that’s fair enough :grin:

2 Likes

That is reason enough :wink:
I have voted for that reason, and gotten my wish, more than once :wink: (Chi’s Sweet Home and Fruits Basket)

Reading with the club is fun, even if you have read it once before =)

3 Likes

You know… It’s a bit silly that if FukaBoku were number 1 and Nichijou number 2, we would read both (because FukaBoku is a short manga), but now that they are the other way around, we would only read Nichijou and then have another vote.

Would it be that crazy just to read Nichijou and FukaBoku in that case? :eyes:

5 Likes

Well, the concern has always been that by the time the longer winner is over, many of the people who voted for the second-place option might no longer be around / will no longer be interested.

At the moment FukaBoku is substantially less popular (percentage-wise) than Nichijou, so it would feel a bit weird to run a club for it based on these results.

This way we get more polls too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ah, that is an important consideration, especially with the attrition being quite high at the best of times!

1 Like

My nominations doing about as well as usual…

8 Likes

Hold my macha latte.

… There. It’s slightly less substantially less popular.

9 Likes

Wow, that’s… quite the jump from third to second place!

We have a winner!

Our next pick, starting hopefully on 20th February, will be FukaBoku (不可解なぼくのすべてを).

As this pick will probably span ‘just’ seven weeks, we will also be reading the second place option directly afterwards without holding another vote: 日常.

Check out the links in the OP to purchase if you’re interested in joining either of them!

I will create a home thread shortly.

Thank you to everybody who voted :blush:

19 Likes

AFAIR it’s 不可解なぼくのすべてを

2 Likes

Oops, thank you. My keyboard is primed for 不思議 thanks to previous picks :grin:

3 Likes

is this a chapter of the first book? https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07N5ZTZTS?ref_=dbs_m_mng_rwt_calw_gp_i_tkin_0&storeType=ebooks

Yaaaay finally, I’ve been waiting to read FukaBoku for a while now, so glad it got picked :partying_face: :partying_face: Also looking forward to Nichijou since I watched the anime a while ago and really enjoyed it (even though I didn’t vote for it because I really wanted FukaBoku to win lol)

4 Likes