Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

We might end up doing both top picks though? So at least you voted for the second and third place, so one of them should be chosen at least =)
Even if Fruits Basket Collectors is a bit larger, we could always do one normal manga (people can decide to buy the single or collector) and continue outside the club like many mangas do =)

Yeah, but up until that moment, I had a vote for first and second places. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ah, yeah, I see your point :rofl:
My fav doesn’t even stand a chance =P
But with so few books on there, it MIGHT be picked one of these times :rofl:
I’ve owned them (Scary Stories) for 3 years already =P

1 Like

Well, it’s been a three-way race between Fruits Basket, Laid-Back Camp and Art Club from pretty near the beginning. It has certainly jumped quite a bit into the lead now, but it has been tied for second with Laid-Back Camp for a considerable time.

I would definitely prefer it to come second though, so that we can pick two things.

1 Like

We can always pick two things. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I suspect everybody is a bit traumatized right now from reading Kiri - so I did not expect a book to win this time. But maybe next time… :wink:

9 Likes

Ah, I wasn’t able to join on that one. It was harder than people expected?

I’d definitely join you in that one as I have already bought the manga but did not yet get around to reading it…

1 Like

I randomly got this in my email this morning: :rofl:

Pfft! I already have the anime thank yo…u…
…wait, that looks… different…

O_o
How did I MISS this?!!

5 Likes

Yes, many were struggling with that one. On the one hand because there was a fair bit of dialect in the first chapter, which was not horribly horrible, but if it’s already hard to read a book as such, then finding un-lookup-able words galore is a real killer… Also, it’s a children’s book, i.e. few kanji and lots of hiragana, which adds to the pain. And then of course, a book contains much more text and much less visual information than a manga, which is also something that one needs to adapt to. Altogether, seems like we lost quite a few participants.

8 Likes

The books are always harder than people expect. :joy:

@Belthazar You interested in buying my vote? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Always. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It looks like people are just shuffling their vote to get the order they like best. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The one I really wanted was Scary Lessons and that one is clearly not gonna win xD But I can pull my Fruits Basket vote. I just happened to see those and thought I’d join in if they won, but no hard feelings. :slight_smile: I’m still working through all of Detective Conan’s manga, so I’m set XD

2 Likes

Not shuffling, just adding ^^

About now would be a good time to close the poll I think. It’s in the pms in the UK, too! :slight_smile: @Radish8

I might be joking. Not really though.

We shouldn’t close it until Skip Beat is #1; we’ve got months to go!

4 Likes

The results are in!

…They are inconclusive :stuck_out_tongue: it’s been manic at work contingency planning for event cancellation, but I’ve been trying to keep an eye on the results and they seem to have been stable thus for a while now.

So we will be reading both Fruits Basket and Laid-Back Camp.

Please vote on which you would like to read first. I will leave this poll open until Saturday morning (UK time).

You might want to consider the relative difficulties of the two picks, given that we’ll just have finished quite a hard book for the club, and also their respective lengths. Laid-Back Camp should take 7 weeks, while I think Fruits Basket will be around 12 weeks.

• Read Laid-Back Camp first
  • Read Fruits Basket first

0 voters

10 Likes

I voted for Yuru Camp just because it’s shorter. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I also want to be clear that I will be very unimpressed with you all if this is sitting at a tie when I wake up on Satuday :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes