Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

Good luck with that.

In all seriousness, I’ve never really noticed that the conversation around voting time ever seems to reflect partcularly much on the actual votes.

5 Likes

Actually, Yuru camp is always near the top, no?
I feel it’s a strong contender in any case.

1 Like

It’s been in three polls. In the first it finished second to last, but in the second it finished third and in the most recent it finished second. So it’s definitely got a chance.

2 Likes

逞しい〜

5 Likes

I was going to ask if that’s why @Naphthalene still wanted to read it. :joy:

3 Likes

I cannot deny nor confirm that statement.

5 Likes

Thank you! The nomination has been updated to make things clearer as well!

1 Like

I wouldn’t say the the conversation right around voting time is extra important, but I do feel like most of the winning books got at least a few extra posts where people talked about them at some point (this was definitely the case with the girl who leapt through time and all the intermediate book club winners so far, at least :thinking: )

On the other hand, it could just be that people talk about things they’re already interested in(and then vote for those things) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think there’s a bit of snowball effect. People really into a book talk about it. Then others check out the nomination, maybe getting interested themselves.
Books that no one talks about, well, I assume most voter just ignore them. (I may be wrong)

3 Likes

Sooo… about Yuru Camp, then. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yuru camp had a lovely opening song if I remember correctly. :blush:

1 Like

You’ve been mentioning it a lot - what’s good about it? :wink:

1 Like

Being 逞しい

4 Likes

Mostly what I know about it is that it’s one letter off from being something we’d talk about a lot more
: D

4 Likes

I don’t get it.

2 Likes

Yuru - > Yuri

I assume.

2 Likes

Oh, for some reason I blanked and thought it was already yuri. Wishful thinking perhaps?

7 Likes

What isn’t good about it? :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, it’s extremely funny, while also being quite informative. Many pretty locations. And the characters are cuter than manga characters have any right to be, without going completely overboard.

That’d be Yuru Yuri. Completely different manga. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We have started our new pick!

11 Likes