Beginner Japanese Book Club (Now: 少女終末旅行 | Next: ふしぎ駄菓子屋 銭天堂)

What did you get? Anything extra?

0 Likes

Along with the two picks I got Wolf Children cos I didn’t know it was a novelisation aaaaah :sob:

Aria 5 is coming separately with Kino’s Journey because I’m a baka :unamused:

3 Likes

While I won’t be able to pick them up yet, my books also arrived today! That’s a nice coincidence. (There is still like… a month? left until the next book club book starts though, so it’s not like if it would have mattered that much if it arrived a few days earlier or later)

0 Likes

Yeah, my books arrived way early so they’re just sitting on the bookshelf. There’s plenty to read in the meantime, so there’s no reason to start early anyway.

1 Like

Aww, nice!

No, I’ve always received mine in pleeeenty of time. I would worry a lot more if I were ordering just a couple of weeks beforehand, but my CDJapan orders have always arrived surprisingly quickly.

1 Like

Yuup! I swear that it took them as many days to send the delivery than it took for it to arrive to :portugal: :rofl:

1 Like

What did you get by the way?

0 Likes

17 Likes

My books got here too yesterday :smile:
In the spirit of sharing:

18 Likes

Don’t tempt me. :sob:

2 Likes

I don’t know why I get so much satisfaction seeing pictures of other peoples’ books but it’s like crack to me.

It’s probably because I’ve switched almost entirely to ebooks so I don’t have a physical book collection anymore. (Besides my Japanese grammar books/select books in Japanese.)

18 Likes

Maybe it’s similar to why ‘haul’ videos are so popular on youtube :thinking: it’s like you feel a little bit of the satisfaction of having bought them yourself ^^

4 Likes

Do I see からかい上手の。。。?

3 Likes

You damn right see it :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I also recommend the spin off series あしたは土曜日. (I think there’s only two volumes). It’s a nice easy read so you can take it on the bus/train/plane and read without having to look up things all the time (well, that was my recent experience anyway).

6 Likes

I just realized there’s no Bookworm Durtle. We should have that for bookclub members.

26 Likes

Considering what the Durtcat looks like, I rather fear you may be summoning a Creature That Man Was Not Meant to Know…

11 Likes

What’s wrong with Durtcat?

…oh

18 Likes

Maybe @koichi-descended or @a-regular-durtle know someone?

3 Likes

There absolutely should be but I think I’m a little scared of durtles after what’s been happening in Descent into eGoooott.

5 Likes