Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

I feel super ignorant saying this, but i dont even know what discord is :see_no_evil:

That being said, i like the idea of a separate thread as well. Also thanks for waiting :grin:

No, dont see it as splintering! :cry: i for one am still reading with both book clubs. Its just that i really want to read that too and if i can read it with others, all the better :wink:

3 Likes

Oh I understand. If someone randomly decided to read a book I was really interested in, I’d try to join in too.

4 Likes

Discord is a voice/chat messaging site/program. I think there one already exists for one of the Book Clubs. If anyone wanted to do that out-loud group reading that someone else proposed it would be easy to do it there. Though I think we have a lot of different time zones here so not sure if that’s possible.

@neicul :star_struck: グッドタイミング!

@QuackingShoe I’m fine with going fast but idk what fast really means. Of the 3 Japanese books I have read to date: 時をかける少女 was 10 days; ペンギン・ハイウェイ was more than a month but I was also traveling a lot at that time; 魔女の宅急便 was 10 days as well.

But I mean, I also wasn’t discussing anything or really nitpicking sentences I didn’t understand. So I’m sure I’d go a lot slower for Book Club. We can do a poll to judge what every one is comfortable with.

Okay let’s make a separate WK post. Does anyone want to volunteer to make it? I can but I don’t have as good experience formatting posts as some of the people here.

4 Likes

I just copy pasted the one from the beginner book club (go to one of the resent home thread, reply to the OP, quote all) then replaced the relevant info. Most of everything you need (well everything except the schedule) should be available in the nomination post/OP of the intermediate book club.

(You can also do without a schedule if you plan to have a more relaxed setting)

2 Likes

@lopicake Yeah, there’s also the style like ご注文はうさぎですか miscellaneous discussion and Sword Art Online miscellaneous discussion for a more relaxed discussion if you don’t want week to week discussions.

4 Likes

Oh perfect, yeah I’d rather not do such a structured week-by-week method if I can help it.

:0 You sit on a throne of lies.

Alright, made the post: 君の膵臓をたべたい (I Want to Eat Your Pancreas) Book Discussion

I’ll edit it more later.

5 Likes

But I’m giving proper acknowledgement! :open_mouth:

Plus, I like it best when things look uniform.

7 Likes

Haha, in my head I thought you all were just really good at formatting things. My whole world have been shattered. (jk)

7 Likes

Mmmhmmmmm :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

My books arrived! :tada:

Aaaah, so excited ^^ if it’s helpful to anyone, my CDJapan order to the UK took 13 days (9 working).

8 Likes

What did you get? Anything extra?

Along with the two picks I got Wolf Children cos I didn’t know it was a novelisation aaaaah :sob:

Aria 5 is coming separately with Kino’s Journey because I’m a baka :unamused:

3 Likes

While I won’t be able to pick them up yet, my books also arrived today! That’s a nice coincidence. (There is still like… a month? left until the next book club book starts though, so it’s not like if it would have mattered that much if it arrived a few days earlier or later)

Yeah, my books arrived way early so they’re just sitting on the bookshelf. There’s plenty to read in the meantime, so there’s no reason to start early anyway.

1 Like

Aww, nice!

No, I’ve always received mine in pleeeenty of time. I would worry a lot more if I were ordering just a couple of weeks beforehand, but my CDJapan orders have always arrived surprisingly quickly.

1 Like

Yuup! I swear that it took them as many days to send the delivery than it took for it to arrive to :portugal: :rofl:

1 Like

What did you get by the way?

17 Likes

My books got here too yesterday :smile:
In the spirit of sharing:

19 Likes

Don’t tempt me. :sob:

2 Likes