Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

I thought so, yes! It was actually the second time for me, as I saw it when I was in Tokyo last month.
I took my husband and daughter, they declared it “too Japanese” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Next time they are being left at home

6 Likes

Ahaha :joy: think I’m gonna have to wait till next year for it to hit the UK D:

Already saw it here in Sydney. :slightly_smiling_face:

To be fair, it did get a little bit weird in the end. And the ourobouros stream, that got mentioned once and never brought up again.

1 Like

I got this when I ordered 時をかける少女 too! I saw the trailer for the movie and wanted to read the book. It certainly has a lot of pages (350 from memory O.o), and seems relatively advanced. Hoping to read it next

1 Like

Hello! If is not too late to join, Can you please add me to the list? Thank you!

Hiya! Are you wanting to join in with 時をかける少女?

If that’s the case then to join in all you have to do is grab a copy of the book if you don’t have one already, head on over to the home thread for that book and mark your participation status in… this poll!

We’re starting to read chapter 1 this Saturday (24th) but it’s not a problem if you can’t start right away and have to catch up once your copy of the book arrives.

If you’re wanting to join in with Natsume then you’re very welcome to do so, but officially we ‘finish’ at the end of this week. There’s nothing to stop you utilising the vocab sheet or continuing to ask questions in the chapter threads if you want to read it at this point though :blush:

1 Like

When are we going to vote on the next book, now that we started with 時をかける少女?

Wow that didn’t take long. Considering how long the book is, probably not until January. Though you’re welcome to nominate additional books/manga at any time using the template in the first post.

3 Likes

My なぜ?どうして? arrived today, I’m not sure I want to know how many unread comments there are :rofl:
I will read through to the page number currently read, and just skim quickly through the comments I think =P

The pet version of なぜ?どうして? also arrived, it is big and beautiful! But doesn’t have more than about 40 pages though… =/

1 Like

For me, 1037

That was my plan. I’ve just gotta sit down and actually do it.

1 Like

Not to mention 時をかける少女 is already going and Aria volume 3 starts this weekend. How will you find the time?

Plus a volume of Yotsubato. And I still need to finish writing the travel blog from my trip.

Then there’s my Teppan translation project that’s been on the back burner for about two years that I really ought to get back to…

Think I’ll find the time by not doing lessons or reviews. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m completely behind on Yotsuba and Aria too O_o (I fell of shortly after the Aria group continued passed the book club volumes, same time on Yotsuba, which is a long time ago ^^; Had too much going on in my life, and no concentration due to my sick baby)

I’m still planing on catching up on Yotsuba, but might skip out on Aria (or read it later)
I’ve read through the first chapter of 時をかける少女, but need to read it several times and actually stop and look things up =P

2 Likes

Hey all, sorry if I’m missing something here but how do I check which books are currently being read and how far along we are? I’d like to get involved in this book club!

1 Like

The title of this thread contains the name of the book currently being read and I think you can find the schedule for it in the home thread, which is linked to in the first post.

but here’s the link so you don’t have to look for it yourself. If you want to see which books are nominated for future reading, there is a list of those in the first post too.

(Oh, and we just started reading the current book last week, so feel free to join!)

4 Likes

Brilliant, Thanks! I’ve downloaded it and will start reading immediately!

3 Likes

giphy%20(19)

6 Likes

Free manga alert!

5 Likes

Ooo yay I was interested in this one ever since you mentioned it! ありがとう ^^

1 Like

Now if only I could manage to get it on Amazon… They started blocking me from ordering ebooks for being outside of Japan. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like