Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

I don’t know how to order Kindle stuff on Amazon Japan. :slightly_frowning_face:

At this rate, if it gets selected everyone will have read it already :joy:

2 Likes

Do you have an Amazon JP account? I made a separate Amazon account for it a while ago, check out this post if you need help figuring out how to do it :slightly_smiling_face:

I have the Kindle app on my devices (phone, iPad), that’s how I’m reading のんのんびより right now and it’s been working out great ^^

I’m not reading it yet! I’m holding off until we’re done voting =)

3 Likes

I have an account. Maybe it doesn’t like my U.S. address? :thinking:

Hmm, probably not – you need to set your region to Japan, and once you do it’ll want a JP address

I just put in some totally random address :upside_down_face:

But I get stuff physically delivered to the U.S. Any idea if it would work with two addresses?

Yep it does! I ordered my Aria copies through there, the primary address needs to be a JP address, but you can go to settings and add additional addresses and change the delivery address at checkout when you’re buying things ^^

3 Likes

As of 13 October, when the next book might be starting, I’ll be level 23 on WK and I will have almost finished Genki 1. Would I be at an appropriate level to join this club? I’m assuming not but I’d love to find out otherwize!

If it help – I’ll join in for Natsume anyway and see if I can keep up ^w^

I have no prior knowledge in Japanese and I’ll be level 14 in October
Don’t ask about my grammar studies :eyes:

wow, good luck!

Uh… you might want to, like, quicly skim through some of imabi or something maybe?

Don’t worry, it’ll work out
Somehow :v:

Good luck with that. :wink:

By the way, are you still planning to run that book and create all the chapter threads? If so, you might want to make a home thread in the next week or so. If not, we’ll need another sacrifice volunteer.

1 Like

OH MY GOD :joy:

My favorite manga for free. :heart_eyes:
Unfortunately, I don’t think this is appropriate for the book club. :sob:

And Planetes is still there! That’s right, I did it! Number 5, are you kidding me?

I am still more than happy to do it, but if there are any other volunteers who won’t have two weeks of travel in the middle then they would be a better shout :wink: otherwise people might have to put up with one or two slightly early thread releases.

If there are no other volunteers then I’ll get the home thread up next week. I can’t believe it’s so soon :sweat_smile:

please tell me everything I’ve done wrong if/when I do!

3 Likes

I don’t mind doing the threads, but I also don’t mind having earlier posted threads if you do them either, so I’m here if you need me c:

If you go next, does that mean @jprspereira has to go after that so it’s symmetrical? :thinking:

1 Like

Well now we’re in a politeness standoff :stuck_out_tongue:

But if you’re genuinely happy to do them that would be great. I’m just concerned that at some point I’ll get to a hotel and be completely unable to connect…

3 Likes

This made me laugh :laughing:

Hahah I’d be glad to do them for you then, I enjoy it ^^

com-gif-maker

-insert :love_radish:-

2 Likes

As of 13 October, when the next book might be starting, I’ll be level 23 on WK and I will have almost finished Genki 1. Would I be at an appropriate level to join this club? I’m assuming not but I’d love to find out otherwize!

1 Like