Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

I’ll try asking my Japanese friends what books they used to read when they were kids. If you have the opportunity to do the same, please go ahead ^^

Manga seems to be easier to find for a beginner level, that’s why the choices have been around that.

Done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please add me to the list.

Sounds interesting, I’ve read Yotsubato on my own before but I wouldn’t mind reading it again with others! Can you add me to the list?

Added you =)

I love how we could chose to buy it or pick it up for free depending on choice! =D
They look amazing! I will definitely use them along side the first two volumes of Yotsubato!

Hi, please could I be added to the list also? Thanks!

Added to the list.

Hi jprspereira, would you kindly add me to the member list, I can’t edit the post. Thanks for organising it, I was thinking of joining the former book club when my Japanese would be better. But a beginner book club is a fantastic idea.
Cheers!

1 Like

I added you to the list =)

Errr… now I’m stuck at deciding whether to join Autumn Prison in the original book club or joining here… I am definitely a beginner, and I would like to read Yotsubato, but I already read a few pages of Autumn Prison and I’d like reading that too :stuck_out_tongue:

Choices, choices…

If I’m able to read Autumn Prison (still waiting for it to arrive) I’ll definitely join the original group, but since this group is easier I will be able to do both =)
I have a feeling I’m not ready for it though. But if it really is easy enough for N5 and N4 to join in, we might not need to start a book here until after Autumn Prison, or decide to do something especially easy like Yotsubato! to make it easier to do both =)

1 Like

Can you add me to the list too please

1 Like

If it’s Yotsuba, I’d join for sure. I already have them all and I really enjoy them. Would be very happy to read them again. Plus, I think anyone who’s considering Autumn Prison ought to be able to fit one volume of Yotsuba alongside it without too much difficulty.

3 Likes

I’m definitely interested in joining. Can I be added to the list?

Japanese Ammo with Misa told me that apparently 徒然チルドレン (Tsuredure Children) is a good manga for beginners too. For those that like anime, the anime version came this season ^^

3 Likes

I am definitely interested

Ooh I was recently recommended the anime and watched the first few eps, like it a lot so far. I feel like it would definitely be a fun read! It’s basically a dozen mini rom-coms all rolled into one, and cut so that you just see the funniest parts. Apparently it’s a 4-panel manga? The succinct nature of each story might make it easier to understand (or easier to just skip to the next part if you don’t).