Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

Ooh, really? I didn’t do the maths, but I just figured since 1st place is a manga and will be over fast, the next pick would also start in the time before. :open_mouth:

1 Like

I love flying witch :heart: But since I already bought the manga in my language, I don’t think I‘ll buy it in Japanese again, but I‘d like to participate in reading the book! (Since I already got Laidback camp as well :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Laid Back Camp never, lol. :joy:

2 Likes

Yuru Camp is the Your Name of Beginner Book Club.

8 Likes

Oh no, I missed the first vote! ^^; I still had the fourth in mind and didn’t check in. But at least I got to vote for the second pick. Though it doesn’t seem like my wish is gonna win. :cry:
But I’m honestly fine with everything, as long as I can read it with all of you. :slight_smile:

Edit: And of course I seemingly just missed the time when Flying Witch was free for kindle. :-/ Oh well…

But I’m really really looking forward to reading that one.

1 Like

There are 16 voters unaccounted for, Yuru Camp could stage a comeback. :angel:t3:

2 Likes

The cult following in this thread for Yuru Camp is somewhat intriguing :laughing: , but that would be three manga in a row, so… :eyes:

2 Likes

So what? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Nothing. Nothing at all. It’s not like I chose Mysterious Town and risked the wrath of the Almighty Cult of Yuru Camp. Nope. Not at all. :eyes:

4 Likes

What?

11 Likes

I’m fascinated by how Mysterious Town steamed ahead to an 80% lead with 20 votes to 5, and Laid-Back Camp has just steadily been clawing it back ever since…

6 Likes

The people voting for Laid Back Camp are just too Laid Back to vote that fast… There’s time until tomorrow after all. :wink:

15 Likes

Someone should @ the fifteen missing voters for the sake of drama. :popcorn: :rofl:

Meanwhile…I ordered a used copy of Flying Witch which should be delivered before October 19th. Am I the only one planning to read a physical copy?

3 Likes

Max number of @'s in one post is ten.

So it would be too great.

Free manga, baby!

I’m gonna get a physical copy. Just gotta pop into Kinokuniya. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I hate you so much.

6 Likes

I learned something new. I’m not going to do it, I was just joking, but now I know there’s a limit. (That must stink when club leaders need to send out messages.)

Obviously thread posters receive notifications/updates, but do people who only vote also receive them? :thinking:

I need furigana at this time (points to “lvl 2”) and I find that with ebooks it often turns into a horror show with scans that are illegible when zoomed in, or my Kindle changing pages when I’m trying to zoom, and zooming when I’m trying to turn the page.

Of course there’s also the fact that I LIKE paper books. :heart_eyes::books:

No Bookoff? :wink:

If it’s of interest to anyone, there are used listings for it on Amazon (US).

4 Likes

Need to address the no space issue before that, unfortunately. Also the no money issue.

2 Likes

I hear you. You’re talking to the woman who’s dragging her feet with lessons, hoping there will be a WK sale before she completes WK lvl 3. :sweat_smile: Learning Japanese is fun AND expensive.

Also failing on the “space issue” thanks to my book collection.
「Insert Bakemonogatari Kanbaru’s room & books gif here」

3 Likes