Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

I didn’t know it had one O_o
But I want to read them because they are books though =) (and I own the full set :wink: )
They are supposedly good for beginners (of native material)
Easy language, while still using kanji (with furigana)
It will still be a challenge though, all books are. But they seem manageable!
And as far as I’ve heard the stories are quite intriguing.

1 Like

I share Netflix with my sister and a mutual friend =^_^=
We have an upgraded account, so 4 people can watch at the same time (they both have kids =P )
Works wonderfully! And I love so many of their American TV series so I don’t mind the low number of anime (I have CrunchyRoll for that)

1 Like

Me, too! I didn’t watch the anime, but I have the manga at home. It was one of the early one’s that got translated into German. As was a lot of CLAMP stuff actually, because it was so popular here.

2 Likes

絶叫学級 1 (りぼんマスコットコミックス) :orange_book:

I don’t know if it mirrors the text / stories of the book version, but if you want to compare the chapter titles one reviewer gives a very detailed description of the contents of volume one.

Waits impatiently for new poll since my pick is losing in intermediate book club

7 Likes

Waits impatiently for new poll since I happened upon one of the potential nominees available for checkout at the university library

7 Likes

Wait, when is this happening?
Do I have time to make a nomination?

I doubt there’s going to be another poll in this club just yet - we’ve barely just started One Week Friends.

1 Like

We’re also reading it for a much shorter time than the intermediate club books though(but yeah, I’d also guess there is a little bit of time left, sine we have 7 weeks left of the current book after this week)

1 Like

I think it’s usually 6 weeks before the end of a book, so next week-ish?

3 Likes

I think it’ll be within two weeks given the length of the current pick.

3 Likes

Hehe, in response to all the impatient ones (myself included)

Get rating!

The deadline for nominations is the 30th of August so that people have time to read and rate the samples from any new nominations before voting opens on the 4th of September.

Please start looking through and rating the existing nominations whenever you have time though. It’s most helpful if you can vote on a range of nominations (if not all), so that the scores are more comparative between the options.

5 Likes

Think I’ll let my current nominations ride. Or the nomination of whichever amazing person nominated Yuru Camp. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

OOOH VOTING SOON!

1 Like

I’m new to the book club. i was wondering when we can vote?

Welcome! 4th of September will be the next round of voting. Currently it’s nomination time (and reading the current book time).

1 Like

Ohh. I just started Flying Witch, and it’s the first manga I have picked up and managed to get through five or six pages without becoming hopelessly bogged down in looking things up. I was just debating whether to see if there was interest in anyone else joining in a reading group anyway.

So, uh, I’d like to nominate ふらいんぐうぃっち

4 Likes

I’ve read a bit and it’s simple enough from what I remember. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Considering I bought this a couple of month ago, I’d be interested in it. But I don’t know the difficulty level at all because I haven’t tried reading it yet. (Too much other stuff.) ^^

This looks nice and when I went to check it out I found that you can “buy” (and keep) the first two volumes for free on ebookjapan at the moment.

By the way, in order to make an official nomination you have the guidelines and template on the first post of this thread under “Proposed Books” :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes