Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

HA! YOU GUYS THINK YOU CAN COMPETE AGAINST João, Pedro, Rodrigues, Sá and :pear::deciduous_tree:???

3 Likes

Yes

7 Likes
2 Likes

dictionary.com

4 Likes

Question, which may or may not have been answered before, how many volumes are typically read when the group chooses a manga? I seem to remember that Yotsubato went on for a few volumes.

Just one with the beginner book club, but people have chosen to continue beyond that in their own groups for yotsubato and aria due to there being interest in doing so.

I see, thanks. And yes, I have indeed noticed that Aria has somewhat of an obscure cult following.

2 Likes

…?!

2 Likes

Someone didn’t have their potion magique this morning.

4 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

I heard they bite :scream:

4 Likes

And then you become one of them! Terrifying.

Oh, wait, no, I’m thinking of those instead:
schtroumpf

5 Likes

As long as you don’t feed them after midnight they are pretty friendly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m very friendly to anybody who feeds me at whatever time, so that doesn’t sound right :thinking:

9 Likes

What do radishes like to eat anyway?

2 Likes

Everything.

But especially stroopwafels. And pickled onions, I like those a lot.

4 Likes

What is FloFlo?

Oh yes.

Omg no

3 Likes

FloFlo is a website created by Raionus which is designed to help people overcome the vocabulary barrier of reading Japanese.

You can get a list of vocabulary from a particular book, which is ordered by appearance and can be filtered by the frequency at which the words appear, and then load them into an SRS to learn them.

So for example, before reading 時をかける少女 I pre-learnt all the words which appear 3 or more times in the text, and now that I’m reading it I’m using it a bit like a prescient dictionary and learning any lower-frequency words which seem useful / will appear in books I want to read in future.

4 Likes

Nooo! They give hugs!

7 Likes