Beginner Japanese Book Club // Currently Reading: Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun

You can move your votes - just push the “hide results” button.

2 Likes

I cleared the cache of my browser, and now it works… I’m going to doubt every poll results from now on.

5 Likes

Choosing a book here seems extremely complicated between manga, book, two book, 1 book etc…

The Re Zero bookclub does not have all these problems we know what to read for the next years :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: No more endless poll and drama. No problem or breaking one’s head on the counter just fun. Join us we will starte volume 2 next week. :smile:

Yes I am shamelessly doing promotion to get more people here. Don’t judge me :sob:

7 Likes

Promoting Re:Zero in the beginner book club seems like a waste of time to me. :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Maybe you are right I do sometimes confuse the beginner and the intermediate bookclub. Mostly because I read too fast.

But don’t you dare destroy my marketing plan. :sob:

Never too early to read that extraordinary book.

10 Likes

Come on guys, what is this tie nonsense?!

Our winner is Flying Witch!

As this is a short manga we will be reading the second-place winner afterwards without holding another vote. Apparently we’re incapable of breaking the tie though, so… runoff it is!

Which of the following should we read after Flying Witch?

• Laid-Back Camp (manga)
  • Mysterious Town Beyond the Mist (book)

0 voters

This poll will only be open for a short time, closing tomorrow.

@NicoleRauch

8 Likes

I want to read both D:

I chose. But ugh. So difficult. :joy:

3 Likes

I considered suggesting a triple pick, but it would be an absurdly long time before we voted again (which is the fun part!), and voting tends to generate interest / new members. It’s not like either of them actually won, so it doesn’t seem ‘unfair’ as such - they’re only getting picked at all because Flying Witch happens to be short.

I also want to read both though :grin:

2 Likes

I’m going to be super busy October-December and everyone keeps voting for things I want to read but really shouldn’t be spending time on :sob::sob::sob:

6 Likes

I imagine a lot of us are. :joy: You’re right, we should have voted for stuff we didn’t care about!

6 Likes

You hit the wrong button. Just a heads-up. :stuck_out_tongue:

I understand, they’re pretty close together.

7 Likes

muahahahah

Edit: Omg so much happened since your post that makes my muahah invalid :scream::scream::scream:

8 Likes

Good thing the second place winner won’t start until December. :wink:

4 Likes

Ooh, really? I didn’t do the maths, but I just figured since 1st place is a manga and will be over fast, the next pick would also start in the time before. :open_mouth:

1 Like

I love flying witch :heart: But since I already bought the manga in my language, I don’t think I‘ll buy it in Japanese again, but I‘d like to participate in reading the book! (Since I already got Laidback camp as well :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Laid Back Camp never, lol. :joy:

2 Likes

Yuru Camp is the Your Name of Beginner Book Club.

8 Likes

Oh no, I missed the first vote! ^^; I still had the fourth in mind and didn’t check in. But at least I got to vote for the second pick. Though it doesn’t seem like my wish is gonna win. :cry:
But I’m honestly fine with everything, as long as I can read it with all of you. :slight_smile:

Edit: And of course I seemingly just missed the time when Flying Witch was free for kindle. :-/ Oh well…

But I’m really really looking forward to reading that one.

1 Like

There are 16 voters unaccounted for, Yuru Camp could stage a comeback. :angel:t3:

2 Likes

The cult following in this thread for Yuru Camp is somewhat intriguing :laughing: , but that would be three manga in a row, so… :eyes:

2 Likes