IMPORTANT: Follow up Polls
Context: If we only pick the top item from the current poll, we will have to vote again before we even start that book, or we will have a huge gap between this next book and the one after. Therefore, I propose that we pick two volumes to read with this poll, either two volumes of the winning manga, or the first volume of the winner and the runner up.
For comparisons to past manga, Yotsubato’s chapters ranged a lot. Sometimes they were as short as around 25 pages. Other times they were over 40 pages. Additionally, most chapters in Aria the Masterpiece are about 35 pages. Here’s some information about the manga currently in the top three places.
- Chapters in のんのんびより are about 18 pages each, so we’d likely read two chapters per week. There are nine chapters in volume 1 and eight chapters in volume 2. So we’d read a volume in 4-5 weeks.
- Chapters in 夏目友人帳 are 40-50 pages each, so we’d likely read one chapter per week. There are four chapters in volume 1 and four chapters in volume 2. So we’d read a volume in 4-5 weeks (5 if we wanted an extra week for chapter 1).
- I can’t really figure out how しろくまカフェ works based on ebook previews, but each volume is around 190 pages, so we’d probably read a volume in 5-6 weeks.
Now onto the polls!
How should we proceed, regardless of which two manga win first and second place? (If somehow a book sneaks into second place, we’ll probably still follow the outcome of this poll.)
- We should read the first two volumes of the winner
- We should read the first volume of the winner, followed by the first volume of the runner up
- We should only read the first volume of the winner, even if that means doing another poll before we read it or having a larger gap between books
- Other (please explain)
Should we generally follow the outcome of the first poll?
- We should follow the outcome only for this voting cycle
- We should follow the outcome any time the winner would only take about 4-6 weeks
- Other (please specify)
Why did you vote the way you voted?
- I want to read more of the specific manga currently in first place
- I want to read the specific manga currently in second place
- I generally want to read more of the same manga before reading something else
- I generally want more variety in what I read
- I don’t like the manga that’s currently in first and/or second place
- I think it’s unfair to change the rules after voting has started
- I want to be able to vote again with different/additional options sooner rather than later
- I think having a larger gap between books is a good idea
- Other (please specify)
- I don’t want to say
Is @seanblue making this too complicated?
@seanblue is making this too complicated
@seanblue is being helpful
@seanblue should make these kinds of decisions unilaterally
- Other ()