Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

DAMN IT @Naphthalene

5 Likes

I just did a bit of that, but formatting sucks, so feel free to improve on it :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m a quick-n-dirty kind of person.

3 Likes

Do you guys only think about food?! :sob:

eating

3 Likes

Noooo? :eyes:

2 Likes

GUUUUUUUYS I was looking forward to doing that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Fine, I’ll just like, change some of the formatting for no reason or whatever :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Oh! Laid-back camp is second? 逞しい!

3 Likes

But… But… I already gave you takusan of work to do on your reading thread :sob: but ok, wanna be responsible to do everything that’s left? <3

1 Like

:wave: :smile:

1 Like

“Oh, I know the kanji version of たくましい look at me I’m so good”

:3 :green_heart:

2 Likes

More like “I know how to find the space bar on my keyboard.” :stuck_out_tongue:

相出素寝

5 Likes

Ohh, what a lovely 四字熟語! The syncing of a couple’s respiratory rate while sleeping!

4 Likes

Yes, that’s it exactly! All it takes to set up another なぜ?どして?book in the series, is someone to do it! You don’t need discussion, you don’t need permission, you just pick your book and open the thread (as I did first with にゃんにゃん and then with the current なぜ?どして?book). I would do the next, but I just want a break from running a thread for a while.

7 Likes

Quite. The reading is そうですね. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

It’s quite a bit behind though. Second place doesn’t get picked if the winner is a book.

But that turnaround!

2 Likes

I’m only reading a manga with this group if it’s 放浪息子 (since I really want to read it) or 少女終末旅行 (since I already own it). But good luck getting ゆるキャン to win!

Also, I’m debating binge-reading the first volume of 放浪息子 this weekend (even if it means getting behind on the book clubs) so I can finally decide if I want to buy the whole set or not.

2 Likes

I’d actually super like to read 少女終末旅行 as well. If neither of them manage to win this time around I hope we get them as a double pick next time :grin:

1 Like

Time to spin off into fifteen different book clubs!

4 Likes

We’ve already lost @cybershark to the ABJBC :sob:

jk jk

1 Like

I mean, it happens. I basically told everyone that I was going to read 時をかける少女 whether they liked it or not. It just happened to also work as a nice PR campaign so it won anyway. :laughing:

7 Likes