Vote for the next book - now!
Can I vote?
If you are interesting in joining the next book club we run, you can (and should) vote!
Please look under “Current Proposals” in the first post for more details on each of the options, including links to sample pages which will help you gauge the difficulty.
Please take difficulty into account
Some people do find that reading a work they love or know already is inherently motivating / makes it easier, but please be realistic. Don’t just vote for your favourite story without looking at the samples yourself and comparing to others. Remember that both language and density contribute to difficulty.
The number in front of each option is a difficulty score based on club members voting, where 1 indicates “no effort at all” and 5 indicates “so much effort my brain might explode”. These scores aren’t objective by any means, so please look at the sample pages of options you’re interested in.
When will we start and how many will we pick ?
We will likely begin reading on the 20th of February, one week after we finish reading ハイキュー!!. If a short manga (expected less than 8 weeks) wins we will also read the second place option afterwards without holding another vote.
List of "short" manga
At a guess, the following manga would be considered ‘short’. This is purely based on a quick look at the contents page - I’ll check any manga in the running more carefully once we have some votes in.
- FukaBoku: Love Me For Who I Am
- Nordic Girl Åsa
- Rainbow-Coloured Photograph
- This Art Club has a Problem!
- Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun
You can vote for up to 4 options.
- [2.36] FukaBoku: Love Me For Who I Am
- [2.59] Rainbow-Coloured Photograph
- [2.56 ] Koizumi-san Loves Ramen
- [2.71] Nordic Girl Åsa
- [3.12] Ao’s Island and a Cat
- [2.31] Nichijou
- [2.68] This Art Club has a Problem!
- [2.64] Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun
- [2.54] Magi
- [2.57 ] Plastic Elder Sister
- [2.84] My Hero Academia
- [ 2.71] Death Note
- [3.43] Great Detective Conan
- [3.11] Scary Lessons // Book
- [2.50] Ogawa Mimei’s Collection of Children’s Stories // Book
You can adjust your vote at any time by clicking ‘Show Vote’.