Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

I never know how to judge this kind of thing, because on the one hand it seems super easy, and on the other hand there’s so much cat-corrupted language :sweat_smile:

It’s basically the same corruption as mangas with small children =P

Mhm, I suck at reading those too :grin: but it’s true that overall it’s easier. Maybe if it wins we can do an introductory session on cat-speak!

Just dropping in to say I would love to as well c:

3 Likes

The intermediate book club will rise again 0:<
kinda? I guess?

4 Likes

5 Likes

I think @Kyasurin is already on board too.

@Naphthalene Only difference is that we’d go much slower than the intermediate group was going.

4 Likes

I don’t know if anyone actually cares, but I’m starting to feel like I may be up for trying something harder sometime too, 魔女の宅急便 is starting to feel a bit easy.(which is quite an improvement from when I started reading it).

4 Likes

I can deal with that.

Anticipation intensifies.

4 Likes

I plan on reading 時をかける少女 next as far as books go (unless another book wins here). I think it could be similar to 魔女の宅急便 in terms of difficulty. If that goes smoothly I’d definitely be up for pushing the bounds further.

2 Likes

I felt pretty ambivalent about nearly everything in the last round of voting, but I feel like I want to read about half the nominations this time around!

So far I think I’ll be voting for six things*, though at least two of those I fully expect to be at the bottom of the pile, so they don’t really count :grin: if I could decide whether I wanted to read a book or a manga it would help to cut the choices down, at least…

1 Like

Which ones? :eyes:

Hehe.

Tora-chan and Wandering Son are the two I expect to do poorly based on the last round.

Otherwise: the girl who leapt through time, pore pore nikki*, girls’ last tour and laid-back camp.

*mostly cos it looks easier so hopefully more people would be able to manage it

3 Likes

haha yes, thanks!

Oh, so this is what happened.

1 Like

@Abstormal Thanks for updating the summaries. By the way, I was able to copy and paste the template perfectly fine, so I’m not sure what happened when you tried.

1 Like

No particular reason. :innocent:

1 Like

Alright, first post is updated with the latest nominations.

3 Likes

I didn’t see this one in the list: (Post 1931)

Oops. I know I looked at it when updating the list… I must have skipped it somehow.

2 Likes

No problem! You got many at once, so easy to miss one. You are doing a wonderful job =^_^=

4 Likes