Beginner Japanese Book Club // Currently Reading: シメジシミュレーション

Wait, you need a Japanese address to purchase digital content… What does one do without a house in Japan?

Buy some property in Japan…just call your local real estate agent :wink:

If you open a Tenso Account that’s one way…not sure what others do…

But I agree with @seanblue our purple circle 60 senior… just order the books and order a bunch…the shipping gets a little more but if you figure the cost of the plane ticket to fly there buy them and back…for 10-20 books it’s nothing and it comes straight to your door! Also Amazon.jp generally ships DHL and where I am in Southern California I can usually get stuff within a few days (even with Covid).

2 Likes

Okay, thank you both for the info. I might look around and see if I can get an ebook somewhere else since I don’t want to buy a bunch of books right now.

FYI, you can just find a random Japanese address on the internet and set that as your address.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if I can participate for Shimeji Simulation but I will find time for Haikyuu. I love that series to bits :orange_heart: :volleyball:

2 Likes

Home thread’s up!

Go forth and poll.

5 Likes

I’m glad it wasn’t just me / I’m not remembering it all wrong :sweat_smile: reckon my uneasiness comes partly from 10 -> 20 pages being a big jump, and partly a sense that while ten pages of 4-koma might seem trivial, twenty suddenly starts to feel quite substantial.

Well, with apologies to those eagerly awaiting Haikyuu, I think we’ll just have to see how it goes :bowing_woman:

2 Likes

Aramex provides a service called shop and ship. I use that to get most of my books at a cheaper shipping rate. They will provide you with the address and you can use that address if you want to buy the ebooks. I think you pay something like 20$ and you get addressed to something like 20 or so countries but i’m not sure on the exact number.

The 4-koma manga I read from Manga Time Kirara are usually 8 pages per chapter, and they still take me a while to read (I’d say about as long as 30 pages of a regular manga). But currently I’m reading Urara Meirochou, which is 12 pages per chapter. I still try to read the whole chapter in one sitting, but that can be a bit tiring for me because of how dense these manga are.

5 Likes

chiyanimated

9 Likes

Dangit, now I feel like I should have stuck to my guns about it not being a short one :joy: oh well, we’ve had bigger gaps between polls before, and Haikyuu is probably popular enough it can take the wait.

2 Likes

It does really depend though. I also read the first volume of 明るい記憶喪失 and it was so easy and not at all dense. Unlike the other 4-koma manga I’ve read, I decided not to read more of this largely because I didn’t feel like I’d get my money’s worth because I could read it too quickly.

4 Likes

There were plenty left in Book Walker. 50% coin back as well…

1 Like

I am a huge fan of the Aria anime and I already own the first volume of the manga(the first volume of Aria, not Aqua). After discovering the aria the masterpiece thread I started looking over the vocab sheet and it is awesome. Thank you so much much to the people who worked on it. I think I will be reading through Aria until it is time for Shimeji Simulation to start.

10 Likes

Feel free to post questions in the threads if you get stuck - we’re all still here. Uh… assuming the threads themselves are still unlocked.

1 Like

Btw, is your avatar Hector from Fire Emblem?

Yes it is. I am a big fan of the series. The games hector appears in (6 and 7) are some of my favorites. Also, I played through part of fire emblem 4 and 5 a while back and I am blown away by how good they are. Better than the modern fire emblem games in my opinion. Hopefully I will have time to finish them one day.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the support. Even if its locked I am sure the past discussion will be useful.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:
I plan to play through whole series eventually, but 7 has a special place in my heart.

1 Like

If you don’t mind it not being on Kindle, I used Bookwalker for Yuru Camp 1 and I’m happy with how it worked. Easy purchase and I read it either on my phone or a tablet with the app (looks a bit old-fashioned, but works just fine).
I also bought Yuru Camp 3 and will probably stick to it for Shimeji if I decide to go with the ebook.

2 Likes