Vote for the next book - now!
Can I vote?
If you are interested in joining the next book club we run, you can - and should - vote!
Please look under “Current Proposals” in the first post for more details on each option, including links to sample pages which will help you gauge the difficulty.
Please take difficulty into account
Some people do find that reading a work they love or know already is inherently motivating, but please be realistic. Look at the samples and compare to others. Remember that both language and density contribute to difficulty.
The number in front of each option is a difficulty score based on club members voting, where 1 indicates “no effort at all” and 5 indicates “so much effort my head might explode!”. These scores aren’t objective by any means , so please look at the sample pages for yourself as well.
When will we start and how many will we pick?
We will likely begin reading on the 4th of December , one week after we finish reading 小川未明童話集. If a short manga (expected less than 8 weeks) wins we will also read the second place option following that without holding another vote.
List of "short" manga
At a guess, the following manga will take less than 8 weeks.
- Whisper Me a Love Song
- A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow
- Rainbow-Coloured Photograph
- This Art Club has a Problem!
How does the vote work?
The poll will be closed on Sunday 24th at the latest.
You can vote for up to 4 options.
You can change your vote at any time by clicking ‘Show vote’ at the bottom.
- [2.46] The Way of the Househusband [Manga]
- [2.57] The Promised Neverland [Manga]
- [2.25] Whisper Me a Love Song [Manga]
- [2.71] A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow [Manga]
- [2.68] Rainbow-Coloured Photograph [Manga]
- [2.89] Koizumi-san Loves Ramen [Manga]
- [2.71] This Art Club has a Problem! [Manga]
- [3.07] Ao’s Island and a Cat [Manga]
- [2.82] Magi [Manga]
- [2.91] My Hero Academia [Manga]
- [2.79] Death Note [Manga]
- [3.08] Scary Lessons [Book]