Bad clicking away failed kanji habit

Hello

I had reset to level one after hitting the wall and to much happening in my life at that time.

Being a bit more aware about my habits now I realized a pattern when I fail a Kanji. I quickly jump to the next. Instead of rereading the notes, I want to make the fail go away quickly. Instead of linking the fail with a affirmative “let’s tackle this” emotion, I just want to make it go away.

So now I take extra care to really grab the failed Kanji not only at the moment, but also going through them after the lesson again in the lesson overview.

7 Likes

Doesn’t matter all that much with the new self study function. Just go over them there.

1 Like

The lesson overview is where I spent time after doing reviews. Going over each item and then identifying why I didn’t remember it really helped with accuracy.

2 Likes

This new self study function is massive for me. Back in 2017 I started my WK journey, only got to lvl 6 and was overwhelmed with seeing over 100 reviews (because I’d take like, a day off and then get mad at myself for all the built up stuff). Coming back, I’m already back to level 6 and the self study, especially on items I get wrong, has been massive for my confidence. I remember one of the reasons I stopped was I got tired of getting the same things wrong over and over (although I’m seeing that now with various vocab with the word “day” in them lol). I might have to look into some of the self study scripts that I see on the forums.

I believe the double check script can delay you proceeding to the next review if you get something wrong. Highly recommend it, but be careful not abuse it.