(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

It seems to work now.

1 Like

Nice :ok_hand:

Was just doing reviews in half the screen and this word was not very happy about not fitting:

2 Likes

Update 7/28

• CSS improvements: entire site is more legible
    • Website is no longer annoyingly wide
    • Converted various templates to bootstrap
    • Modified some colors (category list, ‘read more’ button, etc.)
    • Posts and sidebar stand out more from background
  • Mobile Improvements
    • Most pages now ‘fit’ on small-sized phones (360px+) (I have the super huge iphone so I didn’t even know this was an issue)
  • SRS: >> now hides when moving to overview (requested by @Radish8 many moons ago)

Three New Additions
New free Aozora book: Ookina Kani (Easy @550 words) [I hand-checked this so it’s very accurate]
Kiri no Mukou no Fushigi na Machi (Easy @ 2,700 words)
Snow Country (Medium @4,700 words)

I’ll try to look into it soon. Unfortunately, my mouse wheel just broke which makes it pretty much impossible to do anything on the computer at the moment :disappointed:

3 Likes

I don’t think I ever said, by the way, that I love the tags showing you the frequency next to each word. It really gives you an idea of how valuable knowing a particular word will be, and it’s cool to see that some of them come up so. many. times. Makes it feel really worth it.

:tada: celebratory dance :tada:

:tada: another celebratory dance! :tada:

it looks easier than Kiki or Alice! to the bookshop!

D: sending internet hugs

It was more to flag up the issue than because I think it desperately needs fixing asap.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just a bug on my end, but the refresh list button does not seem to work anymore…

Working for me.

I pushed out an update so that it’ll tell you upon clicking the button that it’s refreshing.

Tell me if the alert doesn’t pop up (which would mean the button is broken). If the alert does pop up then open up the console so that I can see if the server request is failing or something.

Also the last item on the table is always broken :cry:

1 Like

Hm, I get the pop-up, but nothing else.
There’s an error in the console, that happens on page load, though:

TypeError: this.arr_k[i].words is undefined

Which book? arr_k is the kanji table so that might part of issue

Right now I’m on snow country, but I have the same problem with every book (I think)

Okay I fixed that error. I don’t know if that was related to the issue you were having but it should be gone now. Is refresh working now?

Well, it’s working on my current computer, but that’s not the computer where I had the problem, so it means nothing.
I’ll check this evening (jp time). Thank you for your hard work!

Here’s another bug:
I went to the all titles list, and the table kept growing:
Every second or so, the full list of books is appended to the list

Screenshot at (one of) the repeat(s) (snow country, in the middle, is the first book):
%E7%AF%84%E5%9B%B2%E3%82%92%E9%81%B8%E6%8A%9E_127

1 Like

Thanks for catching that! I accidentally uploaded my WIP file to the main site instead of the testing site. I guess that’s where that other error came from as well :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Update 8/1 - SRS Adjustments & Blog Posts

SRS

• Spelling Warning - Box turns yellow if your answer is three or more characters off (maybe I should change it to two or more?)
  • Lightning Mode - Will not auto-advance on a spelling warning
  • Mark Incorrect (bug fix) - SRS waits until you press enter a second time to update item’s srs level. Mark incorrect now always works correctly because of that
  • Review Wrap-up: Now has a minimum of three questions (if your pool size is set lower than 3)
  • Scaled-down font for long words - Words longer than five characters should scale down (please alert me if something breaks into two lines now and I will adjust it) (Thanks @Radish8 )

Blog Posts

Demo

4 Likes

The ol’ triple post. Just a PSA I had to rewrite the review/lessons data-tracking code-thing because it had some major bugs in certain circumstances. We’re using a fresh set of data now.

1 Like

In your blogpost you wrote about not implementing “patron-lists”, could you give me a brief explanation of what that feature was supposed to do? :eyes:

Going to university might impact the time you can put into Floflo, but I’m sure it will work out for you (speaking out of experience here as I have a 32h/week job). 頑張ってください!:smiley:

2 Likes

It was supposed to be list of words appearing frequently in certain genre of books. You would have a sci-fi list, an isekai list, etc.
Turns out the mix-and-match tool does quite the same thing, but is more flexible (and more specific).

“Bon courage” to both of you!
(Bon courage means literally “good courage”, as in “stay motivated” or “hang in there” but with a more positive feeling. Maybe “I’m cheering for you”? :thinking: Languages are hard)

2 Likes

Pretty much this. They were just supposed to be general-purpose decks that weren’t made from any particular book. I guess stuff like JLPT lists or any kind of frequency-based list would fall under it as well.

The combined lists don’t exactly fill the role that patron-lists were supposed to, but by design they’re less rigid and more in line with the purpose of the website.

Of course. :wink: I’ll still be working on the website constantly I just don’t think I’ll be in a position where I’m able to take on the responsibility that comes with selling people anime lists.

:heart:

1 Like

Thanks to both of you for explaining, seems like a neat feature to have! But combined lists already seem good enough since you got quite some materials available to pool from anyways :slight_smile:

2 Likes