(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

Yes, let’s just go with that, then :sweat_smile:
Can you send an email to that address as well? I’m 99.99% sure of the address, but I’d like to make that 100%

Thank you! I’ll check it out right away~

1 Like

Lol, I also realized I have no idea what e-mail address I’m using in floflo. When I eventually migrate hope it can be shown somewhere.

@Raionus That said, why is the data tied to an e-mail and not username if the e-mail is not even used?

1 Like

I created an account on Koohi but quickly realized that it’s not what I am looking for. How can I delete my account again? (In case I cannot, can you please delete it? My username is the same as here. Thx!)

Done

Just curious, what are you looking for?

Yeah I got no idea who you are on Floflo. What’s it say as your username on the lessons page?

Done

2 Likes

My laptops WiFi card just died so I’m waiting for my replacement to come in and also probably failing all my classes right now

1 Like

Failing in general or because you are getting behind due to lack of Internet connectivity?

:anguished:

This is the kind of thing educational institutes should be being very understanding of right now though.

Holy that’s just what happened then with mine! However I managed to fix it by opening it up and taking the chip in and out and now it’s working again.

Thank you!

Basically the same as what I described earlier:

Which is a full list of the vocab of a book, that I can simply look at, with the option to remove vocab that I already know (aka. “trash” the vocab).

But yeah, neither FloFlo nor Koohi do that, so that’s fine as well. (Meanwhile I’ve slowly extended my vocab so I’m no longer as dependent on external tools like these.)

So, thanks and good luck! :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations on getting out of srs hell

Unfortunately I don’t have any tools to take it apart with and there’s no one to borrow from because of Corona

She gave me a 24 hour extension orz
I already talked to the campus and they can’t do anything for me so I just dropped the class. I’ll just need to take a second one in the summer

You don’t just have a screwdriver lying around? Mine only needed one screw to access the back, and one more screw was holding down the wifi chip. Don’t know how awkwardly your wifi chip is placed in your laptop but if you’re waiting for a replacement how are you going to change it anyway? Is there a guy coming in with a screwdriver?

1 Like

I need a small diameter torx screwdriver. My room mate has a flat head but it’s too big to even fit in the hole.

I’m waiting for a USB adapter atm

How about USB/Bluetooth tethering? But I guess that depends if the Wi-Fi card and Ethernet card are one and the same and it’s all kaputt.

Oh, that’s not it… Anki is still strong in this one :slight_smile:
But now I feel comfortable using a normal dictionary when reading, while before, I had to look up so many words that it just took ages, and so it was very nice to use FloFlo as a vocab sheet.

3 Likes

wow… such flexibility…

1 Like

just to post an update since I’ve been using the site full-time for a few weeks now: it’s great! it works pretty well, and I have no major complaints! note i have not actually been using it for the “book learning” feature right now; I’ve mostly just been using it as a general-purpose SRS-with-builtin-dictionary, which it seems to be quite good at. i note this because this means i can’t give any feedback on the vocab list-builder tool for now.

here’s my current list of small nitpicks / feature requests. (note: i do not at all mean to push you on these, since i know classes are beating you up right now – rather, just putting them all in one place so they don’t get lost!)

1. still want to be able to search down kanji and add them directly. this is important because i like to learn kanji “wanikani-style”; add the kanji first, learn it for a day or three, then add some words using that kanji to help remember it.
  2. i can’t select/copy words from the “manage” page. they’re unselectable for some reason.
  3. it’d be snazzy if there was a button to remove a word from the Manage list (or is there and i’m missing something?). right now i have to re-type in the word, search it, and remove it from there, which is awkward. if such a button existed, i’d imagine it would be next to the green check and the edit button for a given word.
  4. it’d be snazzy to have some kind of stats (i.e. number of words at each SRS level, number of words burned, etc) to know where i am or at least how overloaded i’m going to be when the reviews come around in the future.

thank you for koohi: it’s doing it’s job well! i’m currently using it in a sort of “as I go” method where i learn new words (when playing a japanese game), then add them to Koohi so I don’t forget them. the other thing i’ve been using it for is – whenever i get a kanji wrong or forget a kanji in WaniKani (above guru rank) – i add a couple more words that use that kanji into Koohi, so that i have more reference points in my memory for it. this has proven extremely successful at killing leeches.

4 Likes

Yeah dw. Feedback is good anytime because I can just put it on the backlog

So if you go to the word search bar and click the “add custom word” thing you can get this

Which will auto convert your lessons (or anything you type in) into kanji which is functionally similar to adding the kanji. Or are you specifically attached to kanji lists?

That’s so that you can click and hold to select multiple. I could add like control + click for copying or something

UwU

Hmm yeah I could add that to the data page

:ok_hand: I’ll make it so that you can search kanji soon and that should make that easier

1 Like

There was a Fry’s Electronics open and I managed to grab the literal last usb wireless adapter so I’m gucci now :sweat_smile:

3 Likes