(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

Ah, I ‘ignore’ a lot of words, so that’s probably it.

1 Like

Y’know am I just making up a problem where there is none? Like the transfer process is only hard because I’m trying to figure out what’s more recently modified - Floflo or Koohi - and creating new row/updating rows accordingly.

Like do people actually care about this or should I just do a complete wipe on a transfer request? If anyone has any input on that, gimme

Also I’m gonna start making the corpus once I fill out the database for auxilliary information for books (stuff like descriptions (!!!), info links, buy links, tags, etc.). Is there any features people want for this? Like I’m thinking of the following:

1. On SRS review get example sentences from novels on the website
  2. Whenever the word pops up, give like 3 random example sentences for the word
  3. Each will have a plus/minus option
    A. This represents a score; just click it if you feel like the sentence is bad (ex: uses the word wrong for comedy’s sake, is sarcastic, or otherwise doesn’t convey the meaning in a useful way)
    B. Sentences with a lower score appear less often or not at all (for everyone)
  4. You can click a button to expand the sentence. It’ll pop up in a modal and give either the paragraph it’s in or the preceding sentence (whichever is appropriate) as well as the sentence that comes after (wow such context)

And also any sentence with a length below X will not have any chance of appearing (to remove sentences that don’t give any insight into usage such as 「xだ。」).

I’m thinking that no matter what I produce it’ll pale in comparison to NINJAL’s database, but NINJAL doesn’t come with an SRS does it :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Yeah, so if anyone has any different visions for how they’d use an example sentence database feel free to throw stuff at the wall since that could influence the kind of vision we’re having for the system

4 Likes

Good Afternoon! Thank you for your wonderful and free website. I’m sure it’s quite a labor!

I am running into errors with using it for my first book. At first it was on firefox and I switched to chrome and it worked for awhile and then had another error.

console text

notes-common-v2.js:32 Uncaught ReferenceError: Backbone is not defined
at notes-common-v2.js:32
at notes-common-v2.js:158
admin-bar-v2.js:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: _ is not defined
at admin-bar-v2.js:2
autoptimize_7bce5bb1994fd3fa4ccb3d9fce3fb12c.js:48 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
floflo.moe/:376 1 =
floflo.moe/:377 false
autoptimize_7bce5bb1994fd3fa4ccb3d9fce3fb12c.js:64 Setting table using URL parameters
autoptimize_7bce5bb1994fd3fa4ccb3d9fce3fb12c.js:115 main script start: 0.455078125ms
autoptimize_7bce5bb1994fd3fa4ccb3d9fce3fb12c.js:74 ERROR LOG:
TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of undefined
{“tables”:[“book_konbini_ningen”],“list”:“standard”,“version”:“1.2”}
autoptimize_7bce5bb1994fd3fa4ccb3d9fce3fb12c.js:64 Setting table using URL parameters
autoptimize_7bce5bb1994fd3fa4ccb3d9fce3fb12c.js:77 settings is
autoptimize_7bce5bb1994fd3fa4ccb3d9fce3fb12c.js:77 Object
autoptimize_7bce5bb1994fd3fa4ccb3d9fce3fb12c.js:77 cookies updated
autoptimize_7bce5bb1994fd3fa4ccb3d9fce3fb12c.js:80 Array(223)
floflo.moe/:1144 asdfdsf
floflo.moe/:1145 Array(1)
floflo.moe/:813 Object
autoptimize_7bce5bb1994fd3fa4ccb3d9fce3fb12c.js:107 Object
floflo.moe/:813 {…}

I also noticed some strange text on the tabs. It says “temp-2 flo.flo” is that how it’s supposed to look or related to the error?

Again thank you so much for making and maintaining this system. I am eager to try it out.

Hey, what’s up

You’ve caught us in a bit of a transitional period - Floflo is in a no-fix state at the moment, and I really just keep it up for people who’ve been using it.

Since you’re a new try heading down to https://koohi.cafe which is the website I’m currently maintaining. If you have any problems there, I’ll be happy to help in any way I can.

1 Like

What do you mean by “complete wipe?” What would you be wiping?
Anyway, I just made a transfer reqeust :upside_down_face:

Also, is it possible to make a one-time donation to your Patreon? :thinking:
(Recurring charges scare me :eyes:)

For people who’ve been using both at the same time. I’d just wipe the Koohi account when I do an import from Floflo so that things are less complicated. I mean people could lose some data they actually want but probably not many people are using both so it wouldn’t matter 99% of the time.

Oi sure. Not patreon but similar thing:

I might use Ko-fi for like general donations/book orders in the future, idk.

I should have your thing done tomorrow

1 Like

As in wipe Koohi then transfer from FloFlo? Yes I would (have been) totally happy with that. I wasn’t using Koohi at all really, just made an account to take a look. Obviously can’t speak for everyone though.

If you want to try doing my account a second time as a test go for it :+1:

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone who is doing reviews regulalry are doing both at the same time. The delay with manual transfers would be a pain.

Personally I’m still on floflo since everything works ok and don’t have that many reviews atm anyway. I usually steer away from beta stuff and come aboard when everything is more fleshed out.

2 Likes

@Kai_973 @Radish8
done

Heh. Floflo. Working. :smirk:

2 Likes

Got it, thanks!
But oh no, has the font randomizer not make it onto the site? :frowning:

(Also, it says that I bought you a coffee. That had better be a damn good coffee for that price!!)

@Raionus Greetings, I have a few questions. I see you’ve completed my transfer request, but I’m not seeing anything under “data.” I do now have the lessons and reviews I had on floflo, but not my books or anything under the “data” section.

Btw, I’ve noticed it kind of hard to tell if I am doing “reading” or “meaning.” Maybe it’s something I will get used to, but it’s pretty small on my screen, and the answers only showing as kana after hitting enter makes it confusing. Also, when do you think you will be adding an “undo” button? Most of the stuff I have gotten “wrong” I did not actually get wrong.

3 Likes

Looks perfect :+1:

Consider me a Koohi user!

1 Like

It’s the same as Floflo. Backspace.

The only thing getting transferred is your cards and srs data. Anything that takes place on the koohi site will be recorded from now on though.

Unless you mean things you’re doing now aren’t being recorded, in which case that’s probably not how it’s supposed to work

Oh yeah, I forgot about that since I didn’t use it personally. I’ll try to get it implemented this weekend.

You the man :+1:

1 Like

How do I get the books I had added to FloFlo added this site though?

I did several reviews and it’s wasn’t recording my data, but then I added a few new words and it updated, however, I have a feeling it did not transfer my trashed correctly because I am seeing really common words like 僕たち、ちょっと、and ここ show up on vocab lists. 1915 marked as known, which I assume means trashed, and active words at 1344, which is a little off from floflo’s numbers.

WIVmXWO
Actually looking at those numbers, it seems it only imported actively reviewing and not trashed.

こんにちは!
I have trouble registering / logging in with Patreon. It just keeps redirecting me to the front page after I click “Allow”, meanwhile I’m logged into Patreon just fine.

Is this login option only available to patreon supporters?
I’m not against supporting, just wanted to try the service first to see if it was for me :3

Thanks,
Flo

Hey, what’s up. That button is buggy and the patreon login is a third party plugin and therefore beyond my control.

Just go login normally and then go to any actually content-locked page like here. It should prompt you to login through patreon and that’ll work. Don’t hesitate to ask if you’re still getting issues beyond that.

Ah, I see what you mean now. I’ve corrected your permissions. You should be able to access those four books now. You can click the lock on the top-right in the library page and they should appear.

Okay, I see where the numbers are coming from now. I’m gonna go overhaul the export thing so that it gives me more information, because I see that this is going to be an issue in the future, and I’ve made a mistake not doing an overhaul thinking it was gonna be doable quickly.

I haven’t done a complete dissection of your data yet, but I think your active items is correct for koohi. Basically anything srs level 9-10 is automatically trashed because koohi handles things different.

Your numbers look 99% right 1344 active + 1915 trashed (SRS level = 9/10) which is about 3245. Your trash obviously wrong and I’ve already identified why it wasn’t brought over properly.

What would you like me to do with your account, since you already have reviews. Try and transfer your trash over? Clean reset? Nothing?

I wonder when this thread is gonna get locked for hitting the post limit

If you keep posting at the current average rate, April 2023.

Don’t they usually close you somewhere between 4-4.5k tho?