(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

I don’t feel like I get enough reviews at low levels anyway (for some reason). :+1:

:joy: :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Really? It was exactly the same as wk (which borders on rote memorization imho)

Yeah, I know, I’m equally baffled. It’s probably just that I do so many fewer lessons on FloFlo, so it feels weird.

And to clarify; I don’t mean that I want more at low levels in general - just when I get stuff wrong.

@Raionus The website just keeps giving me flowers instead of the book I want a list for at the moment. This happens regardless of which book I choose.

I can get the standard list if I use the “pick a book” menu but if I try to choose something from the actual alchemizer it just gives me flowers.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I’m starting to legit hate that series because it’s the one that pops up everytime there’s a problem. Like “oh gee whizz, it’s fucking Flowers again.”

Anyway, I think I fixed it.

The reason it took so long to fix was because of my stupid host. Apparently they don’t appreciate comments in my code, so the page wouldn’t let me update anything until I figured that out and removed literally all my notes.

11 Likes

It seems to work now. Thanks!

1 Like

Books, anime, or drama?

You already have Hyouka on Floflo, but for anime I’d recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. That’s all I got.

Anything really. Already read Hyouka, Higurashi, and Biblia unfortunately :frowning:
Nishio Ishin has that Okitegami Kyouko thing so I guess I could read that sometime.

Surely there aren’t only 4 mysteries on the planet that meet the criteria tho :thinking:

Uhh, Haibane Renmei? The main cast is all female, but I don’t know that I’d use the word かわいい… Serial Experiments Lain? Both of those are anime original, so I’d recommend watching not reading for those.

I guess you could always read the sequels to Hyouka if you liked the first book.

Looks cool, I’ll give it a go

1 Like

Gosick maybe? (novel, anime), pretty serious detective historical with a particularly 可愛い女の子 at its center.
I also liked " Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatte Iru" as far as mystery/detective goes (novel, anime), eccentric adult bone-loving lady doing detective stuff - whether she counts as cute lies in the eye of the observer I guess :upside_down_face:

There really have to be more, I shall wreck my brains about it a little.

1 Like

I like that one of the bottles is definitely vitamins.

2 Likes

Oh nice I forgot about that one. Gosick too but dang I cannot find a place that has any episodes, legal or not.

Gummy vitamins to be exact :ok_hand:

2 Likes

HaruChika (Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru; novel, anime) might be worth a try, too. It’s the most Hyouka-like series I can think of (it pretends to be about music but really is not).
Occultic;Nine (novel, anime) is a bit more on the thriller side but could be interesting.
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (novel, anime) is already on FloFlo but I still wanted to mention it since it fits the criteria pretty well.

I fear I am not allowed to offer help here :innocent:

1 Like

Well it had me fooled because that’s why I didn’t give it a look when it aired.

Ikkyuu Tensai :ok_hand:

I’m giving Sakurako a watch, I’ll see how that goes

Hey o/ I was wondering if the service was still running since the last time I went and I’m glad it is (while I still don’t have the level to use it :sob: )
However I wanted to know if your patreon picked up momentum and I couldn’t find it on the site. Even here it isn’t in the OP. Why is that?

1 Like

You have to be logged in to see it - it’s under Account → Patreon and leads to this page

How should I say? I guess it’s doing alright - wouldn’t exactly call it momentum, but it’s enough to keep me working on it. I started allowing custom orders of vocabulary lists last month and that ended up bringing in more for the website than Patreon. I feel like there’s more I could be doing business-wise but I’m not sure what.

Edit:
I’m starting to get in the habit of putting up a free short story every month. This one only has 700 words. I’ve noticed that most of my users are like level 60s lmao so I think I need to look at my difficulty distribution or something.

5 Likes

Website is back up. My hosting service said they were doing “unscheduled maintenance” and I’m guessing by the fact that it lasted like 5 hours, they really blew something up on their end.

6 Likes

There’s also an element of having more time to do other SRS once you’ve finished WaniKani. I reckon it’ll always skew that way even if you have easier material.

Not that I’m objecting to easier material! whispers Zenitendouuuuuu

I miss the little word count chart on the pick a book page, by the way :pensive:

2 Likes