(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

Should be a coincidence. I haven’t written anything that could affect SRS timings since the last incident. Check the schedule part of the lessons page tho.

Yeah, I have plenty of reviews coming up so I guess its just a weird coincidence

1 Like

WK Level set to 25, but 暖かい shows up. Is that because of the alternate reading?

Probably because the data is from a year ago. They only make really surface changes so I haven’t updated in a while.

2 Likes

So somehow the “warning” that prevents me to enter the same mistake twice got activated again, and I can’t find a way to turn it off anymore.
I looked both at the review settings (during review) and the one from my account.

Why would you want it off?

Because if I enter a wrong answer, I should be marked wrong.
It doesn’t really matter if I made that error some time in the past.
I mean, when it happens I just mash the keyboard to get past it anyway, but it’s slightly annoying.
I guess I also don’t understand the logic behind it. I.e., why would you want it on?

3 Likes

Respectable.

If I enter the same wrong thing multiple sessions in a row I just memorize the wrong answer. That’s happened since I started WK and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one that happens to

4 Likes

Well w/e there’s an option to disable it now.

1 Like

Yeah, it happens to me.

Overall, I really can only see it helping so long as if I enter

Wrong->right->wrong, it will mark that last wrong one as being wrong rather than saying I previously answered with that wrong answer. I think it does that, so all good in the hood, but I’m not 100%

1 Like

I personally like this, for the exact reason you mention.

However, I’ve found a bit of a problem with it: I entered a wrong answer, then added that answer as a synonym. Now when I review it again and answer with the synonym I added, it won’t let me submit because it sees it as my last “wrong” answer.

Not the biggest deal, since I can just put in the other correct answer, but it’s a minor annoyance.

2 Likes

I programmed it in a way where that theoretically shouldn’t happen but I guess I needed to test it some more. I’ll see if there’s a way to implement it so that that stops happening. Thank you for pointing it out :ok_hand:

I think it’s best to show a warning that this wrong answer has been submitted before AFTER you actually mark it as wrong
So the flow would be: you submit an answer, if correct contenue on, if wrong mark the answer as wrong + check if this answer has been submitted before and show a warning

That way you solve both @Vanilla and @jaearess problems

3 Likes

The point isn’t to tell you that you’re in the habit of answering the same wrong way every time. The point is to stop you from ever creating that habit in the first place.

If I put the warning after you get it wrong, it’s not helping to break that habit. People are just gonna go “Okay, that’s wrong,” look at the answer, type that in, and then go do the same thing next time it comes up for review. There’s no way they’re gonna remember that warning in several hours/days, when the next review for that items comes up.

Couldn’t there be an option to “invisibly” mark it wrong or something, at least? It just feels wrong to get something pushed to a higher srs level if you didn’t actually know the right answer(or at least the way I understand the feature as it is now is that it just lets you retype the answer and marks it right if you then provide the correct answer, and thus will move it up a level even if you didn’t really know the correct answer at first)

It’s also possible I’m just misunderstanding the feature, in that case it would be good if there was a clearer explanation for it somewhere.

2 Likes

Type the answer you think is correct. If it’s correct and you want it to be marked wrong used the mark wrong button/press ( - )

I could find a way to automate that probably.

2 Likes

The thing is, I’ve(so far) literally only gotten that warning on things where I keep mixing up two different words, so telling me “it’s not this thing” is basically the same as getting the correct given to me in my case, and being able to get it marked right in that case kind of feels like it could make me mix those things up further, and that’s why it would be convenient to not have to manually mark it wrong every time.

It does help with differentiating between similar words that I’ve gotten mixed up though, so it’s not bad to have, it would just be more convenient if I could skip a step in how I use it.

1 Like

Then we should ask some questions: is this healthy for you learning? Does that break the srs in a way or another?
It might be better to let people keep answering the same wrong answer untill they break the habit themselves

1 Like

In my opinion what’s healthy for learning is to minimize time on the SRS. Work smart, not long. Spend the least amount of time you can and then go read the book you’re supposed to be reading instead of answering the same 10 questions every day.

Yeah I mean, that’s part of it. There’s no better way to stop people from mixing things up than to literally tell them to stop mixing them up.

I will reread the thread again later and see if there’s a compromise that can be worked out.

4 Likes

you are right this is definitely a thing to consider, we are not meant to spend a lot of time in floflo at all. we don’t have two years like wanikani