(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

@Raionus I’m going to suggest these random books I just happen to own for future patreon polls just in case you feel like putting one of them in a poll sometime:

1. The love live school idol diary books
  2. RWBY the session
    3.セロの使い魔
1 Like

:heart: Nice I was eyeing that the other day.

Thanks for the suggestions. We have another poll this month so I’ll put some of them up.

1 Like

Update 8/15: 3 Books on Alchemizer + Searching Kanji

Alchemizer

• Now allows three books
  • The third book operates as an “OR” kind of modifier, so using a third book will always get you a bigger pool of words
    • Example: “Give me the frequency 1 words from Kimi no Na wa that recur in Biblia Koshodou OR in Kowaimonogakari”
    • Example: “Show me the words that appear in X that also appear in either Y or Z”
  • Also there’s an unset option for the third book
  • Hopefully nothing broke…

Search (lessons menu):

• You can now search for kanji in the search menu (I think this was requested by @Arzar33 or something a really long time ago. Sorry I don’t know what took so long :cry:)
  • Search menu now puts known kanji in a different color than vocab
4 Likes

Nice!
kaiko

*plays victory fanfare*

2 Likes

Yes ! It was me. I spent so much time already creating kanji cards by hand on floflo, I’m sure it will be so much easier now, thanks @Raionus !

2 Likes

I seem to be getting the ‘definition note’ appearing when I answer the reading, and (I think) the ‘reading note’ coming up when I answer the definition - is it supposed to work that way round? I haven’t written many notes so I’d never noticed before ^^

1 Like

I feel like that’s an old bug that I’ve fixed since then but I’m not sure. Maybe it came back from the dead. Is it an old item maybe?

I’m very close to getting a full kanji dictionary into the database (with 9k kanji as opposed to wanikani’s 2k). I just have to iron out a few formatting issues and then I should be able to start implementing it into kanji lists and the search. Should work out well for you :ok_hand:

1 Like

They were from quite a while ago, yep. I remember one item was 縫う, if it’s helpful to be able to look at an example.

Yo wot

2 Likes

Just trying out a new aesthetic fam

end my life

Edit:fixed

3 Likes

Have you considered using my user script for floflo, by the way? :wink:

The link is… somewhere in this thread :confused:

Wow! This looks amazing! Definitely checking it out

1 Like
1 Like

Never knew it existed ;w;

Am using it now <3

EDIT: Wait, it doesnt display for all.

2 Likes

Weird.
I’m traveling and on my phone, so I can’t test it, but it was fine until recently.

To save bandwidth, it stores data in a cookie with a life time of five minutes. If you go away from the page while it’s loading, you may get incomplete data, which is why some things may not be displayed upon returning.

Either that or @Raionus made a breaking change to the data being exposed.

I guess I could check whether everything is up to date. Also, now that I think of it, the data are provided whether I ask for them or not, so maybe there’s no need to buffer… you could change the time out timer to -1 instead of 5 in the user script and see if you still have that issue.

Eh the cookie hasn’t worked for a long time.There’s a max size of 4000 characters in a cookie and the ajax request gives you way more than that.

Aside from that, I changed the amount of information that got sent. So if your script is written using indexes to get the unknown word counts, etc. then that’ll probably be what broke since the order changed. You might want to switch to keys.

The formatting information is in the console.

1 Like

On the lesson page, the search function is broken. No result are show if the query contain more than 2 characters, I think. For example searching for “意” is fine and show all the words containing 意 (as well as the kanji in red), but searching for 意識 doesn’t show any results

1 Like

Should be fixed now :+1:

Update 8/18 - Kanji Lists Version 2

So we got all kanji available now. This was a big update so we’ll see how much stuff broke over the next few days. :stuck_out_tongue: Today’s update includes full-sized kanji lists (using non-Wanikani stuff) and changes to the search system.

Kanji Lists

• Now shows all kanji, even those not in WK
  • Prefers WK’s definitions/readings over EDICT whenever possible
  • Shows frequency and wanikani level as badges

Search

• Can get all kanji, even those not in WK
  • Not as dumbly unorganized (still pretty disorganized tho)

About kanji formatting:
Wanikani is used when possible. If a kanji isn’t available in Wanikani then EDICT’s definitions are used. Edict has a different format than wanikani and uses katakana for on-readings and hiragana for kun-readings. Wanikani just uses hiragana, so Wanikani has the type of reading its using indicated in parentheses.

So like:
Wanikani: 重 = じゅう (on-reading)
EDICT: 重 = ジュウ, おも

Anyway happy bug hunting for the next couple days.

2 Likes

Question, I see the charts that show us our reviews and stuff per day, but is there a way to look at our overall?