(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHEN DID ORESHURA GET ADDED

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

4 Likes

Quick question, recently, during review when we input a wrong error for meaning, it get highlighted sometimes in yellow. What happen if we validate in this state, does it count as an error or not ?

It’s counted as correct. It’s just a spelling warning. Since Floflo lets you spell things super wrong I decided that I should probably warn people that they’re pretty far off, just in case they’re putting in something that’s actually wrong.

1 Like

I see, thanks !

Good idea. Since WaniKani’s “close, but wrong” pop-up bubble is identical at a glance to the “there’s more than one answer” bubble, I frequently don’t notice I’ve written a completely different word to what’s actually correct.

Ye Wanikani’s spelling indicator is kind of annoying. Like, I’m going through 200 reviews a day stop flashing at me 24/7 just because I’m one letter off. I tried to make Floflo’s more lenient because of that.

1 Like

@Raionus Quick question about the beta srs lightning mode. Is it possible to make it so either the meaning or reading always appears first? Using lightning mode on wk always makes it meaning then reading, so its kinda weird to see it 50% M->R and 50% R->M on floflo.

Can you add a link to each book for a place we could order it from online? I’m having trouble finding Kiri no Mukou no Fushigi na Machi.

To add to that, perhaps you can get affiliate bonusses through providing a link from your website? Might generate some small bits of extra income without users having to pay you for it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ye sure, I’ll @ you when it’s done.

Yeah sure. I used to do it but got super lazy lately :sweat_smile:

Here’s the link for Kiri no Mukou

And if it’s your first time on Amazon.jp you can change the language settings at the way bottom of the page.

Soontm

3 Likes

I just checked out the site again after not having gone to it for a while. I saw there was Noragami on the book list and got excited and then instantly let down when I saw it was for the anime not the manga. Why must you play with my feelings like that :sob:

I really want to use this site since the concept is very interesting, and it seems to have improved quite a bit since I last visited. Whenever I’m able to I think I’ll try to get my hands on a copy of the first Harry potter book and study that word list.

1 Like

Rip. Manga requires OCR which hasn’t been up to part in my experience. It would be really nice if I could expand into that one day but probably won’t happen anytime soon :sweat_smile:

If you’re interested in trying it out you could try the Aozora Bunko section in the meantime. All of that’s free to use.

Oh cool, I tried browsing Aozora Bunko before but I had trouble figuring out how to navigate the website. I’m glad you have direct links haha.

1 Like

+1 to that !
I would love to have a way to select a fixed order of appearance (meaning-> reading or reading->meaning). Because often, when I do a small mistake during review, I want to fix it right away with undo, but then there is a 50% chance it switch to the other one, it breaks a bit the flow of review.

Done. :ok_hand: Lightning mode always starts with reading when possible.

Yeah it’s a little disorganized if you don’t know where to look. I usually use this page when I want to find something. It’s a sortable table that lists the number of unique words, unknown words, and has links + thumbnails to the individual pages.

3 Likes

Here is another feature proposition :grin:
After using floflo from a while, I realize it’s one feature I really miss from Wanikani. During review, when we get a word meaning wrong, only the definition of the word appear. But it would be also very useful to show the definitions of the kanjis included in it ! Especially for beginners with incomplete and shaky kanji knowledge… In my case for example, very often when I forget the meaning of a word it’s because I also forgot one of the kanji inside or don’t know it yet. So getting a reminder while doing review would be nice.

1 Like

Thanks!

is there any quantity of nudes I could send that could make it meaning first so it matches WK’s lightning mode?

Yeah that would be pretty cool. I’m trying to find some kind of public API on a dictionary website that’ll let me look it up but no dice so far. I’ll let you know if I figure something out.

Done. PM me your juiciest pics

1 Like

PMs disabled on here. Could I fax them?

tyvm tho, especially for how quickly you did it

1 Like

Fax machine borked. Please mail written descriptions of each nude to my PO box

5 Likes