(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

Harry Potter uses a lot of magic gibberish in it that inflates the word count. Kind of like how こわいもの係 likes to write in katakana when kanji/hiragana would be servicable. It just encourages misparses and makes the books look harder than they actually are.

1 Like

Psst, isn’t it “Kimi no Na Wa”?

2 Likes

My romaji skills are dying

4 Likes

Just wanted to flag up that 狩人 from Snow White is not picked up correctly by the parser - it seems like a pretty critical word and you get something weird instead, so might be worth a manual fix.

What weird thing is it picking up? I’m looking at the list and I only see the kanji 狩 around id 1100. Is this around where you were talking about or should I be looking elsewhere?

edit: I’m not seeing 狩人 anywhere in the text? Am I dumb?

In the first link you gave, it appears in hiragana (かりうど) I don’t know if that’s the reason. It appears at 16% of the text, says the built in browser.

1 Like

Oh ok Radish typed it in kanji so I thought that was how it appeared

Hm, yeah, I have checked the third version too, and it’s also in hiragana :woman_shrugging:

Derp, sorry. I added it myself as the kanji version after I went investigating so forgot it was in hiragana in the text. I got うど as a separate word (a plant related to ginseng!), and I’m not sure whether it picked up かり at all.

It picked it up as kariru unfortunately. I went and added in かりうど and 青くなる which I also noticed was misparsed

1 Like

Ah yeah, I remember now. Thanks very much! Seemed like a pretty critical word to get right, and ginseng just wasn’t cutting it… :grin:

2 Likes

Would this format for showing answers be preferable to the current text boxes we have in the test SRS?

That looks extremely impractical with long definitions.
Can you try with 魑魅魍魎 just to check? (Or anything with a very long definition, it’s just the first one that came to my mind due to recent reviews :p)

1 Like

Oh, hey, it’s not as long as it feels when I have to type it. :stuck_out_tongue:
What about your favorite exemple of words with five billion definitions?

1 Like

Lmao

Time to do what I do with everything on Floflo… add an expand button.

3 Likes

By the way, I like the font and general look. (I could have started with that rather that negativity :speak_no_evil:)
Is there going to be a shortcut for prepend?

Yeah 1 and 2 both add synonyms right now so I’ll just make it so that 1 prepends and 2 appends

1 Like

So, obviously, I am still months away from SAO 2, but eventually would appreciate adding SAO 2 to the runnings for one of the months whenever that gig happens. No rush though since I still have months to go. :wink::disappointed_relieved::sleepy::sleeping::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::unamused::turtle:

3 Likes

Based on my current speed, I should finish my current book in about a month (or less if I give up and only add words at freq 3 or 4).
Then, I’m planning to start reading SAO. We can make a book club at that time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes