(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

One row is always empty, because that’s how it’s made. Other than that I don’t really see what the issue is. The table has a limit to how many rows it shows at once so you’re not getting all 109 at once.

But I haven’t reached the limit. Specifically I do not have 109 words left to learn, just 20. So I was wondering where the 109 was coming from.

I’ll try again later, anyway.

I’m not sure we’re on the same page here. Can you give me the preferences you’re using (WK level, core6k, and frequency) so that I can run your table against Snow White and get a better picture?

The 109 was for Maho
Snow White has a lower difference.

Anyway, WK 31, nothing in core6k, freq 2

Edit: just in case, here’s the 109 (which is supposed to mean 109 unknown words at freq 2):
%E7%AF%84%E5%9B%B2%E3%82%92%E9%81%B8%E6%8A%9E_115

And here is the 21:
%E7%AF%84%E5%9B%B2%E3%82%92%E9%81%B8%E6%8A%9E_116

Note that all books have small discrepancies, but that’s more than small.
The funniest is noragami: 0 unknown words, and yet…

@Raionus . Trying to access the website is giving me one of these two error messages at the moment. Figured I’d mention it in case this isn’t supposed to happen.

Yo @Raionus it still gives me certificate errors (and this time it wont go away by itself):

I also noticed that at work it always fails to resolve to your domain when I type in “floflo.moe” the first time, perhaps they are related?

Yep, this time around I also get the certificate error.
(Not sure if @Raionus is up or not at the time, nor which time zone is relevant, but anyway…)

Yo that sucked. I was thinking JAST hired their elite team of ninja hackers to nuke my website cuz I put the Flowers walkthrough up before release, but really some other guy’s plugin just updated and then proceeded to nuke my entire website.

It’s back up, but I’m not sure if the ‘connection not private’ warning is still up. I tried on someone else’s computer and it was fine, but it’s still there on mine for some reason…

If you guys are still getting it then I’ll contact my host

Chrome’s giving me attitude but firefox isn’t :confused:

2 Likes

Okay everything’s gucci on my end. Tell me if you have any issues.

Everything look fine, here.

1 Like

All looks good here (using Chrome, too). Thanks!

1 Like

It’s fine here too.

Is it a good time to ask about my previous problem? Actually, I wonder if the number returned for custom_unknown just doesn’t take into account the WK level? That would not explain the other discrepancy, but it’s by far the more important one anyway.

No, the problem is more deeply rooted than that. I haven’t brought it up because I just don’t have the answer yet.

1 Like

Well, at least it will eventually make the back-end harder better faster stronger.
daft

I just noticed the numbers now appear to be correct. Hurray!
:tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

Oh cool, I had to rewrite a bunch of stuff for it to work so that’s good

1 Like

Yo @Raionus :slight_smile: Got one question. I saw on your Patreon that you’re offering this for people giving $5/month:

Vocabulary lists for seasonal anime.

Are these lists to be used on your website? Are they exportable? Are they organized in some way (if exportable) or will they work pretty much like what FloFlo already offers? How does that work? Because I’m very much interested in your product, but WK, KW, Kitsun and Floflo will kill me xD That’s why I’m asking. Thanks :v:

…Woah, I forgot I was supposed to be charging people for that :thinking:

Anyway, I’ll be running tests on it soon up until the end of the month. I’ll have concrete answers on it sometime between 7/24-8/7, most likely. So you got like a month to consider what you’re doing.

Yes. But also see below.

Depends on how much work I have to do.

If they’re not that much work or if other people are offering to check them over for me then I’ll allow exports as csv. If I have to check them over myself (due to misparses or whatever) then they’ll be reserved for the $10 tier.

I would offer frequency-based sorting and first-order-of-appearance sorting. Are those sufficient or would you be looking to split them up by episode or something?

Anyway, I suppose that’s a bit vague but nothing’s concrete yet. If you have any more questions go for it.

2 Likes

How many words are we talking about, and how are we supposed to submit the edited list?
(Basically, would you give us the raw text + the list and we can work with it, or would we have to just work with what is available through floflo?)

I’m not sure I can really help in practice, since I don’t have a TV, which makes watching anything that isn’t out in DVD format a tad difficult (or illegal).

You’d be given:

1. The list of words that got pulled out (without definitions)
  2. The transcript/subtitle rip that I pulled it out of.

Then I guess you’d just look through to make sure everything is making sense, and if you encounter a word that’s hiragana only (because it was in hiragana in the script) you’d just jot down what you think it is in kanji form.

So if you see かく in the word list you’d write whether it should probably be 書く or 各 or 核 etc. given the context in the script. Then you’d pass it to me and I would turn it into something that functions on Floflo.

1 Like