Back to the start!

I Have officially reset my level! I Have been traveling the world for the past 9 months and just haven’t had the time to do reviews, and ended up with 1059 to do. I attempted doing them but my accuracy rate was well below 50% so I just thought I’d start fresh and maybe do it more efficient this time!

10 Likes

As someone who had to do a reset to level one too (from level 37), I totally understand you and wish you best of luck! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Did the same thing, from lvl18. Had a pause on my studies, and found out that I had forgotten things I had already burned, but I started from scratch mainly because I started writing every example sentence down too, learning stroke orders etc. I’ve found this to be refreshing actually :relaxed:

4 Likes

I, too, reset my level from eighteen so that I wouldn’t lose my burned and forgotten items permanently. We’re all rooting for you! がんばって!

3 Likes

reset and quit.
i’ve seen that so often now… “i’m good now! i got this! i’m back on track!” - made 3 levels, then never popped up again. but this case here is the saddest i’ve seen so far.

2 Likes

Ah well, on the other hand, he got to travel the world! My WK level is higher than his, but I haven’t travelled that much. So I envy him nonetheless…

2 Likes

you can still travel the world and have fun doing it, whereas he won’t have fun starting from lvl 1 on wk, doing 一つ、二つ、八日、九日、四十二

2 Likes

I actually don’t mind doing those that much. I like that the easy items make my accuracy level artificially high :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

i’d lose concentration and mess something up, hehe. that’s how it usually goes for me, and before you know it, your wall of shame says “forty two / young lady” :sunny:

3 Likes

I’ve taken weeks or months off and let 700+ reviews build up multiple times, it only takes me a week or so of roughly 150 reviews per day to get it down to zero.

1 Like

I just watched his last vlog. He said he’s 17.

He got a long road. I wonder if in 2038 he’ll see this thread and do WK again? No?

2 Likes

never say never…

1 Like

I didn’t realize the time this was posted :sweat: I guess that means they aren’t doing Wanikani anymore?
They’ve got a lifetime payment so maybe they’ll come back eventually? :confused:

1 Like

lifetime in pleasant, there could be worse :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the guy who said he “needed” his three apartments in three different countries. I don’t think lifetime means anything to him.

4 Likes

I must have missed that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

At least I think it is :no_mouth:
Sorry EliChan if I got it wrong :eyes:

1 Like

I just checked out his Youtube channel. He quit Youtube as well :fearful:
He doesn’t look 17 lol.
But after viewing his video I now understand why lifetime means nothing to him ^^

1 Like

Ok I had to look it up, and this actually isn’t the guy! Sorry! I must have had EliChan tagged as a rich snob for something else

The rich brat is amakuzax. They’re close in age, and both travel lots, so I got them mixed up. He seems to have quit as well, though, at level 6.

3 Likes

Yeah they were last active in April :thinking:
I guess at such a young age most people aren’t really down for spending so much of their time studying. It’s a lot harder learning a language then it first seems lol.
I wanna be a rich teenager too! :triumph:

4 Likes