Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread (Beginner Book Club / Aria Book Club)

Omg it comes with tiny versions of the cats too, how cute ;_;

2 Likes

Oh, that reminds me, I actually do have an Aria figure =D

(I’ll have to find where he’s packed away and bring him out to sit with me when I read through Aria. That should be enough to keep this comment related to the book club.)

7 Likes

Masterpiece volume 5 comes out in English this week. Finally, the first volume which hasn’t already had an English release in decades past.

6 Likes

Are you going to check the quality of their translation? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I don’t recall if anyone’s mentioned this already, but is it known if the prior Masterpiece releases in English used the same translation as TokyoPop’s release?

I don’t care for omnibus releases, but I may make an exception to complete my Aria English set.

1 Like

Can’t remember. I think I had a quick flip through and noticed one or two differences, but maybe I should go check again.

2 Likes

Still super late, I’m beginning volume 3! (I was well inspired to buy volume 2 and 3 at the same time)
I’m trying to read 4 to 6 pages every day and it’s working well for me.

6 Likes

New Aria film in 2021. The video has spoilers for the end of the series.

7 Likes

So, “crepuscolo” means “dusk” in Italian. I mean, so does “crepuscular” in English, for that matter. But… both words give me the some not very good mental pictures. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Dusk” kinda makes it sound like it’s intended to be the last Aria production, at least to me (in keeping with the morning-noon-afternoon-evening colour themes of the other series).

Though, I’m pretty sure all of the footage in that trailer is from Avvenire.

I never did bother watching that, because the reviews were generally mediocre.

At the end of the trailer Akari does say something about not being able to forgot that day’s 黄昏, so maybe it’s just thematic.

2 Likes

Well, it was ok. It was mostly previously-unanimated manga chapters with a couching story of “all this has happened before and will happen again” (i.e. Akari, Aika and Alice’s apprentices became close friends in the same way that Alicia, Akira and Athena’s did), with a big stinking shovelful of “all good things must come to an end”.

1 Like

Seven months later, I actually got my hands on a copy at last.

Still tossing up on whether I want to re-buy volumes one through four.

1 Like

What’s the point of buying the series in English when you already have it in Japanese?

2 Likes

Sometimes I just wanna read something, ya know?

1 Like