Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread (Beginner Book Club / Aria Book Club)

That’s the most important thing I think.

2 Likes

On the subject of the anime, I’ve been playing Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee today, and Eevee’s voice reminds me so much of President Aria’s, from the anime, and I’ve been trying to work out why.

Aria was voiced by Nishimura Chinami, who did actually voice Eevee in a movie called “Pikachu to Eevee Friends”. It’s unclear if she voiced Eevee in the original Pokemon anime, though - ANN lists her roles as “Junsa, Pink Butterfree, Waninoko”, but also doesn’t seem to list anyone who actually did voice Eevee, so it’s possible she did that too. Maybe?

In any case, Eevee in Let’s Go Eevee is voiced by Yuuki Aoi, though it’s fairly likely that she’s deliberately imitating the sound of her predecessors in the role. Under the name Yabusaki Aoi, she also appeared in Pikachu to Eevee Friends as “Booster and Thunders” (whoever they are). Not to mention the title character and protagonist of Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

I was gonna ponder whether voicing a character whose lines consist of little more than “イーブイ” in various intonations was a bit of a step down for someone who played the lead role in a well-loved franchise, but then I remembered that Vin Diesel voiced Groot, sooo…

Warning: impending derailment!

What do you think of Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee? I got a Switch for Christmas (OMG) and I was considering picking up one of the pokemon games… Every game is so expensive that I have to be picky :fearful: so far I literally only have Zelda, Gris and Gorogoa, because the latter were affordable :sweat_smile:

It’s… different. And yeah, it’s surprisingly expensive. Though honestly, it’s really just Pokemon Yellow all over again, with PoGo mechanics and prettier graphics.

And playing with both controllers just feels like cheating. :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting, thanks! I never played the original games when they first came out; my only pokemon experience was picking up Leaf Green when I got a second-hand DS lite a couple of years ago. It was a weird American hacky cartridge, so perhaps I’ll try these in hopes of having a slightly less buggy experience :sweat_smile:

Probably not gonna be my first choice though :+1:

Schedule is up for volume 4. @Naphthalene Feel free to fill in the Aria pages when you get a chance.

3 Likes

I only have the first half for now :thinking: but I guess I can just fill that in anyway.

Is there anyone else reading the same version as me, by the way?

I don’t think so? Unless @neicul decides to actually try to catch up. I’d still like to keep the information in the schedule and vocab sheet just in case other people come along later.

3 Likes

It’s almost like you have 20/20 vision…

3 Likes

Me, first thing this morning: “Yay, Saturday, I’m going to read a chapter of Aria”
Me, thirty seconds later: “Wait, no, we finished the last chapter last weekend…”
Me, five minutes later: “Well I guess I do have the next volume just sitting there, waiting to be unwrapped…”
My husband: “You are obsessed!”

7 Likes

Yeah, I had the same mental exchange, except I stopped at “no wait, we decided we’d wait before the next volume”. So instead, I’m sitting here twiddling my thumbs…

2 Likes

Well I for one am glad for the break. You know, you could always read something on your own for a couple weeks. :wink:

3 Likes

Have you read 時をかける少女 yet?

4 Likes

Flareon and Jolteon :sunglasses:
Vaporeon is Showers =P
Yes, their actual Japanese names are these English words ^^;
I am obsessed with Pokemon, and especially Eevee. I even named my cat Eevee :wink: (I used to have Glaceon and Umbreon too, but they passed =( I’ve also had chinchillas named Pikachu and Raichu :wink: (I rehomed them))

Yes! I am! =D
I’ve been reading a chapter a day lately, and quickly got through two full mangas. I just realized if I keep up this speed I’ll be done just in time for when it starts up again!! =D

Will be weird going from a chapter a day to a chapter a week though :rofl:

6 Likes

I started reading this with the club but then I went into a deep slumber, as most eternal beings do. But now I missed the discussion :cry:. I’ll read it someday on my own and catch up with all this cool talk.

3 Likes

I feel like a chapter a day of Aria would be draining. Even though it’s relatively easy, I still feel mentally tired after reading a chapter.

1 Like

I’m reading them 多読 style though, not stopping to check up anything unknown, and only read through once. I probably miss out on a lot, but I also read all the comment made so I pick up some things here and there that I missed =)

I used to get drained by it though, which is why I fell behind to begin with. But done lots of other reading since, so now it feels much easier :wink:

5 Likes

Aye, I realised that when I found a synopsis.

I notice you’ve neither sent me a gift nor opened a gift in PoGo for ages, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The community around here turned sour, so I stopped playing. Sorry.
I can’t do raids alone, and we have a chat for raids. But people kept agreeing to wait, then not do it and such, so I ran out just to be met with “Too late” one too many times, and then the person who said he’d wait lie in the chat afterwards and say “the other didn’t have time to wait”… even though I spoke with them and they simply wasn’t part of the chat so wasn’t aware… I might pop in now and then because of Lets Go, but no promises =P

But I’ve found since I quit I have more time to read though, so guess it was for the better :wink:

2 Likes

I was supposed to read volume 3 this weekend but then my partner went and sprained their wrist so instead it was x-rays and doing all their chores >.<