Aria the Masterpiece: Chapter 4 Discussion

Resists temptation to post link to “Star Trekking Across the Universe” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Ends up with an earworm just by thinking about it.

5 Likes

Do it!

1 Like
1 Like

But… but… I have friends on here and I’d like to keep them! :joy:

1 Like

Don’t friends exist to share in each other’s interests make fun of one another?

And we’ve all totally derailed this forum topic haha :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

(sorry, sorry, sorry… I’ll stop immediately :sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat:)
5 Likes

What’s been everyone’s favorite chapter so far? I’m torn between this chapter and chapter 3. On one hand, mystery and cats! On the other hand, the Aqua Alta was so interesting and beautiful!

1 Like

Definitely chapter 3 for me :grin: although I did find the part where they get lost in this one pretty damn funny. I actually really liked the fact that the artist used the same picture every time - it made it even funnier to me ^^

3 Likes

I liked both, and I’m also enjoying Ch 5 even if I’m not supposed to say so on here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I would say 4, because the mysteriousness really fits my memories of Venice. It felt very other-worldly.

I also had a good laugh at the ending. “La la la nothing to see here, moving right along…”

2 Likes

It was kind of mysterious… I wonder about the “kingdom of cats.” Did the cats use their “black magic” or did Akari just imagine it?

2 Likes

A straight and direct attempt to put the thread on track again :stuck_out_tongue:

My is definitely the 4th. Loved the feeling of mystery and surreal that the chapter has. Plus the double page panel with the King is just something.

2 Likes

Right?! I need to know

2 Likes

Plus the extra panel at the end where Akari is like “maybe we should check it out” haha.

2 Likes

“Ha ha ha NO” :joy:

1 Like

Chapter 5 is here!

3 Likes

I finished the chapter a few hours ago, which mean I’m officially back on schedule. So far this has been my favorite chapter!

6 Likes

I think this was my favorite chapter too. Really fun.

3 Likes

SO, I actually asked a native speaker about that ス business.
They said they didn’t get it, but that it could be 腰が据わる
The わ is missing, though. It would mean (in the negative) to not being able to calm down/forget about something, distracting you from your daily routine. (You can’t get back into your usual groove). It actually matches the facial expression this time :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I love this chapter, my favorite by far! The mystery, and, well, CATS! <3
I too enjoyed the “lazy” copy of the images, even had to do a double take to make sure I didn’t somehow got back a page =P
Made me feel as lost as them , so it had a fun effect :wink:

Also, after reading comments I now have “Star Trekking Across the Universe” on my mind, lol!
Thanks @Kyasurin :wink:
No really, I love that song! I got it as an ear worm just by reading the title cause I’ve listened to it way too many times =P

4 Likes

Yes, same! It made me feel for a second as lost as they were :joy: and I was also wondering ‘wait, haven’t I seen this before?!’

2 Likes