Aria the Masterpiece: Chapter 17 Discussion (+ Special Navigation: 社長の日常)

To be fair, 本番 gets some pretty interesting results on Jisho, too.

1 Like

The third meaning isn’t in the Japanese dictionary though Goo for instance

As much as it can make sense in context, I assume that the word itself doesn’t actually carry that meaning in general. :thinking:

I have no doubt that the definition in question is extremely colloquial. Urban Dictionary level colloquial, even.

1 Like

Just gonna sidle in here real late to ask a question or two or five :sweat_smile:

Page 231 (oh how I’ve missed you, sweet sweet reliable page numbers)

Last panel.

こう寒いと
温泉にでも行きたく
なるわよねぇ

I don’t understand why we need the でも as well as the に after 温泉. It occurs on the middle panel of the next page too with a time rather than a destination (次の休みにでも連れてったろか), and I feel like I’ve just forgotten something really fundamental :sweat_smile:

Page 233

Right-hand panel. Just interested - the Japanese also use 取る like ‘to take holiday’?

Left panel. Aika says この私めにどーんとお任せください. I understand the meaning of the sentence as a whole, but don’t get what the め is doing after 私, nor quite what どーんと means.

Page 234

一般には摂氏25度
以上の温水か 一定の
物質を有するものね

Does 温水 have a か after it because it’s indicating that the water is about 25 degrees warmer? Like there’s an implied ‘or 26…’ sort of feel?

I only just noticed now on re-reading it that アリア社長 brought that bucket himself :joy: also pretty much every panel on page 237 made me giggle :grin:

I can’t believe I have so many questions and I haven’t even reached the end D: maybe I’ve forgotten Japanese…

2 Likes

I believe this was discussed earlier in the thread.

Maybe it’s the “even” meaning? I feel like it’s being used to emphasis.

2 Likes

Gah, I did read it, but obviously not well enough. Thanks!

Oh, indeed. Sometimes just finding the right page takes more time than asking/answering a question.

No, it’s “or”. If the water temperature is more than 25°C or it contains some substance.

1 Like

Ooooooooooooooh. Thank you!