Are there any apps similar to WaniKani Override?

I’m just having the annoying issue of realizing I’ve made a mistake just as I’m hitting enter…dumb, yes I know, but it’d be awesome if maybe there was an option to, say, allow one or two retries (without seeing the explanation on reading/mnemonic) per review session? It seems the original override app is no longer allowed…bleh. I just hate having to review things I already have down because of careless mistakes on my part. :/  If anyone knows of anything, please let me know!

Use this, it blocks ‘enter’ from working for 1 second if you get an item wrong /t/Wanikani-Mistake-Delay-103-Block-Enter-for-1s-if-answer-is-wrong-No-longer-supported/2931/1

Awesome! thanks!

Override still works fine for me.  I’m on latest Chrome, and am using this version of Override:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/701-wanikani-override

I was on vacation last week right after leveling up, which means I’ve had a week with no reinforcement of new items.  So, Override has been helpful in drilling the new items back into my head.  While doing reviews, if I don’t know an item immediately, I intentionally answer wrong and override, which sends it back into my review queue without penalty.  By reviewing an item five or six times in a short period, I can identify which ones I’m having trouble with, and can find a better way to remember them.  I also add them to my ‘extra study’ list.

rfindley said... Override still works fine for me.  I'm on latest Chrome, and am using this version of Override:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/701-wanikani-override

I was on vacation last week right after leveling up, which means I've had a week with no reinforcement of new items.  So, Override has been helpful in drilling the new items back into my head.  While doing reviews, if I don't know an item immediately, I intentionally answer wrong and override, which sends it back into my review queue without penalty.  By reviewing an item five or six times in a short period, I can identify which ones I'm having trouble with, and can find a better way to remember them.  I also add them to my 'extra study' list.
 This is somewhat also why I moved onto Anki O_O

Thanks, I’ll see if that works. It’ll help a lot to have words I’m familiar with but keep answering with synonyms to the programed response…so annoying to know something and keep seeing it again and again from a careless mistake rather than real lack of knowledge :stuck_out_tongue: bleh.  anywho, thanks a bunch!

Also, what sort of things does Anki have for Kanji? I came to Wanikani mostly for mnemonics, but I’d like the ability to edit some of them too…

YEAH! It works on Chrome! Firefox was being lame for some reason. Anyways, thanks! you’ve saved me from much agonizing over minor mistakes. rfindley gets 500 points!