Aquatic Life Appreciation Thread 🐳 🐠 🐙

Today I felt curious about the marine life of the Mediterranean Sea (地中海 ちちゅうかい ). Found some interesting articles and databases. :slight_smile: Sadly, several of these amazing marine species are threatened or endangered today. :slightly_frowning_face:

Read more: Animals in the Mediterranean Sea | Sciencing and Marine Life of the Mediterranean · iNaturalist

Mediterranean monk seal 地中海モンク海豹 or ちちゅうかいモンクアザラシ

Short-beaked common dolphin 真海豚 or まいるか

Zebra Seabream

Giant devil ray 糸巻鱝 or イトマキエイ
giphy

Loggerhead sea turtle 赤海亀 or あかうみがめ

Swallowtail sea perch Anthias anthias*
2798993481_2e5484b834

Ornate Wrasse ピーコックラス

Mediterranean Cardinalfish

And of course this always happy guy XD European parrotfish

images

4 Likes

Chillhop meets underwater footage! :relaxed:

4 Likes

This guy has it figured out. Just wandering around humming all his favorite tunes, eating random insects, etc.

2 Likes

Seriously, this Aquarium is creating a LOT of video content. Much more than I realized. They even have live feeds of some of the tank setups! :astonished:

(thought it seems it’s night over there, if you find the earlier parts of the feed, there’s lots to watch. ^>^ )

2 Likes
1 Like

Time for more aquatic creatures pictures! ^>^ This time, I’ve been looking up Japanese fishies!

Japanese swallowtail angelfish

Dark sleeper ドンコ
donko

Japanese rice fish ミナミメダカ

Japanese dragon moray eel

Japanese spotted anthias

5 Likes

:tofugu:

2 Likes

Humpback whale (座頭鯨 ざとうくじら ) mother and calf :whale2:

And Saddleback Clownfish doing some parenting, keeping their eggs well oxygenated.

2 Likes

Tbh, I’m not a big fan of the “Free Documentary” channel on YT since the narration tend to be lackluster (just not well researched and lacking in depth of knowledge overall).

That being said, it does allow for more documentary content on the web, and sometimes with a different subject matter than the big documentaries. This is such a case.

This is first time I’m seeing a documentary about Skagerrak, the sea between Denmark, Norway and Sweden. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think this was an interesting documentary all in all. Never new of this island’s existence. :desert_island:

1 Like

Frilled shark 羅鱶 らぶか also フリルドシャーク

Ah, frilled sharks

ラブか?
It certainly can be if you like frilled sharks!

(I’m sorry this is my favourite pun, I couldn’t resist)
Obligatory song plug

2 Likes
1 Like