April 28th Daily Reading ブラックジャックによろしく: Community Reading Exercise

OFF TOPIC:.

@YanagiPablo, I am pleased to see that, on the “Reading” sub-board of this “Japanese Language” forum, there is a Book Club dedicated to クレヨンしんちゃん, Vol.1, that one manga of which I actually own a physical copy! They are REALLY NICE, and do 6 pages per week. (Whispering: I can let you share my relevant pages each week if you would like to join us! Let me know, then I delete this comment; so plz don’t quote me on this, just reply)

FWIW, I REALLY LIKE how they do the “Book Clubs” here… They pre-announce the book so that you can purchase a legal copy, and then you read portions together; often with an ongoing vocabulary reference spreadsheet.

@Zizka, wow!! I really like the Interpretation recap with the Japanese sentence right next to it!! Perhaps I will be able to build vocabulary here without expensive written notes! Those are great for retention review, IMHO.

Running away now… Boss is coming!!!

Coming back to say: Thank you, @Naphthalene, for your insightful comments on my summary attempt from last night. Much appreciated! I need to go back through tonight and absorb.

4 Likes