App to change size of wrap up from 10 to 5?

Hi all,

I’m finding myself using WK in very short breaks between things I have to do. I usually start a batch of reviews, press the wrap up button immediately, and try to finish 10 reviews. However, even 10 is too long in some cases. I’d like to change it to a smaller number like 5. Can this be done via some tool or app? Thanks!

Thanks for reminding me of the “wrap-up” button. I had never used it before, but it’s certainly very useful when I only want to do a quick review before leaving for work etc.

zass said... Hi all,

I'm finding myself using WK in very short breaks between things I have to do. I usually start a batch of reviews, press the wrap up button immediately, and try to finish 10 reviews. However, even 10 is too long in some cases. I'd like to change it to a smaller number like 5. Can this be done via some tool or app? Thanks!
 Yes it can be done.  For any dev that wants to do it just cut the active queue down to 5 (if greater than 5).  Here's the tad bit from my reorder script

^that 

You can also just get off the tab (or close it), and as long as you come back less than 2 hours later, your progress will be saved (what you already half-answered, that is). 
10 should be pretty reasonable though. If it takes you an average of 2 seconds to type a reading/meaning, then 10 reviews only take 40 seconds. 

If you use 1x1 mode on xMunch’s script (Reorder Ultimate), wrap-up essentially becomes size 1.

Firefly72 said... ^that 

You can also just get off the tab (or close it), and as long as you come back less than 2 hours later, your progress will be saved (what you already half-answered, that is). 
10 should be pretty reasonable though. If it takes you an average of 2 seconds to type a reading/meaning, then 10 reviews only take 40 seconds. 
 Life goals.
(Maybe I'm just frustrated that I have to slowly peck away at the keyboard with one hand since I injured the other :P)

Gorgophone said...
Firefly72 said...[...]
 Life goals.
(Maybe I'm just frustrated that I have to slowly peck away at the keyboard with one hand since I injured the other :P)
I always wondered how much more painful large review sessions are for slower typists.  I'm a super-fast typist on regular keyboard, but I once did my reviews on a tablet while on vacation, and it was brutal!  I'm a terrible tablet typist.

This is also something I've been pondering regarding some tools I'm creating for grammar study.  I feel like typing is an important part of learning, especially with open-ended answers (i.e. not multiple choice or similar).  But I wonder, for slow typists, if the tools would be too burdensome.

Anyway... just thinking.

I consider myself a slow-ish typist (even with two working hands), particularly because I’m awful at touch typing and often need to glance at the keyboard. Even so, I specifically wanted to seek out a tool for learning kanji that required direct input. Even if reviewing takes a little bit more time out of my day than it might for a faster typist, my goal is to learn kanji, and being forced to write concrete answers is the best means to that end, I think.

I’d be very interested in any grammar study tools you cook up, by the way!

I am an average-ish typing person. I find that though I have the ability to type without looking on the keyboard with relative accuracy, I find that if I slow down and actually look at the keyboard, it keeps me from making typo mistakes when doing the Japanese portion of reviews. I also really need to get a typing application to practice my typing skills. I know I type incorrectly, causing me to have many errors and of course can slow down your overall typing speed. 

I’m a fast typist, but a slow rememberer.

I’d say, the warp up size may be reduced to five, but that’s the absolute minimum. In a larger review session you have at least this many “half-finished” items in your queue.

rfindley said...This is also something I've been pondering regarding some tools I'm creating for grammar study.  
 If there is even the slightest possibility that one day they will be useable by us, like your other works, then this is something I look forward to!